One shelf in the bookcase in our den is dedicated to books that I have started and not finished. I'm embarrassed to say that there are quite a few books on it! If you know me, this shelf should be empty because I love to read and typically devour a book in a day or two! Give me a Karen Kingsbury or Francine Rivers novel, and I will neglect laundry, cleaning, and even sleep to get it finished! I am a Christian Fiction junkie. (Please don't roll your eyes at me!)
It started with Robin Jones Gunn's Christy Miller series back when I was a preteen. I was spellbound by the relationship between Todd and Christy. I then moved on to Lisa Tawn Bergren and Francine Rivers. When Karen Kingsbury burst on to the scene I was obsessed. I've read every single one of her books, many times over.
So you're probably wondering what's sitting on my shelf unread, right? Here's the list:
The Mission of Motherhood
Prayer
Just Walk Across the Room
Discerning the Voice of God
Healing Prayer
Crazy Love
The Sacred Romance
The Treasure Principle
The Purpose Driven Life
All really great books, I'm sure! I have started several of them but never finished! I feel like such a slacker!
I'm just terrible with non-fiction.
SO today I picked (back) up a book that I started a while ago and now am resolved to finish: Bringing Up Girls by Dr. James Dobson. It's a really great book so far! And I'm also trying to finish Love and War by John and Stasi Eleredge. Very good!
So here's to not being a slacker anymore!
It started with Robin Jones Gunn's Christy Miller series back when I was a preteen. I was spellbound by the relationship between Todd and Christy. I then moved on to Lisa Tawn Bergren and Francine Rivers. When Karen Kingsbury burst on to the scene I was obsessed. I've read every single one of her books, many times over.
So you're probably wondering what's sitting on my shelf unread, right? Here's the list:
The Mission of Motherhood
Prayer
Just Walk Across the Room
Discerning the Voice of God
Healing Prayer
Crazy Love
The Sacred Romance
The Treasure Principle
The Purpose Driven Life
All really great books, I'm sure! I have started several of them but never finished! I feel like such a slacker!
I'm just terrible with non-fiction.
SO today I picked (back) up a book that I started a while ago and now am resolved to finish: Bringing Up Girls by Dr. James Dobson. It's a really great book so far! And I'm also trying to finish Love and War by John and Stasi Eleredge. Very good!
So here's to not being a slacker anymore!
Comments