Everyday I wrestle with wanting more time for myself, by myself. I wake up when the kids get up (before 8:00) and then it's the usual business of the day. The kids exercise along with me, Ava and I take showers together most mornings and since we started potty training, I never get to do that alone either. Most of the time, I'm okay with it my lack of alone time. But there are some days.... some days that I really, really want to be alone. Days when I want to do nothing more then close the bedroom door and curl up in bed with a good book and the t.v. remote.
Growing up, I can remember sitting in the bathroom talking to my Momma while she was in the bathtub. Poor lady! I had no idea that she probably wanted just a few minutes to herself! She was never alone because someone was always talking with Momma. (She's a really great listener!)
Naptime is no longer alone time for me, since Wyatt is on a different schedule from Ava and Lucas no longer naps. I do require Lucas to stay in his room for an hour to play by himself, but he would much rather spend that time with me. If I do get an hour alone, I usually waste it watching t.v and eating my favorite snack, graham crackers and chocolate chips. I have to do something that requires nothing from me. Lucas often sneaks in and begs me to spend time with him. I hate telling him to go back to his room, because how do I explain to him that I need time for myself?
This is a very special season in my life, one that I'm trying to appreciate and savor because it is already going by too fast! I know that one day, the house will be empty and I will miss Lucas begging me to come play and Ava asking to go potty with me. So for now, most days, I'm enjoying my "quality time" with my dear Lucas, Ava and Wyatt!
Growing up, I can remember sitting in the bathroom talking to my Momma while she was in the bathtub. Poor lady! I had no idea that she probably wanted just a few minutes to herself! She was never alone because someone was always talking with Momma. (She's a really great listener!)
Naptime is no longer alone time for me, since Wyatt is on a different schedule from Ava and Lucas no longer naps. I do require Lucas to stay in his room for an hour to play by himself, but he would much rather spend that time with me. If I do get an hour alone, I usually waste it watching t.v and eating my favorite snack, graham crackers and chocolate chips. I have to do something that requires nothing from me. Lucas often sneaks in and begs me to spend time with him. I hate telling him to go back to his room, because how do I explain to him that I need time for myself?
This is a very special season in my life, one that I'm trying to appreciate and savor because it is already going by too fast! I know that one day, the house will be empty and I will miss Lucas begging me to come play and Ava asking to go potty with me. So for now, most days, I'm enjoying my "quality time" with my dear Lucas, Ava and Wyatt!
Comments
Rachel from Vancouver BC
Thank you so much for keeping up with my - even though I have been so slack! I'm glad you are here! :) I hope life is good for you in Vancouver. Thanks for your encouragement!