Yesterday was cold, windy, and frustrating. BUT there were a couple special moments. First, I ate the largest cheeseburger I've ever attempted from a hole-in-the-wall place called Harold's Diner. It's a well-hidden, local joint that is easy to pass by when you see the dumpy exterior. I found it online after doing a search for local diners.
I've been watching Diners-Drive ins -and Dives on Food Network lately, so I'm driven to find those creative and yummy places that only the locals know about. Harold's was crude, simple, and greasy, but the food was totally worth it! For $6.25, I ordered a half-pound burger with cheese, sauteed mushrooms, onions, lettuce, and bacon. And massive amount of shoe-string fries are included.
Last night Matt and I got out for a couple hours to enjoy a casual date night at Barnes and Noble. It felt good to do something like home. We split a piece of Godiva Double Chocolate Cheesecake that was to die for.
Writing this, I now realize just how many calories I consumed yesterday. And I'm supposed to put on a swimsuit today! Yikes! Good thing there's a gym nearby!
Here's hoping we have a warm, sunny day!
I've been watching Diners-Drive ins -and Dives on Food Network lately, so I'm driven to find those creative and yummy places that only the locals know about. Harold's was crude, simple, and greasy, but the food was totally worth it! For $6.25, I ordered a half-pound burger with cheese, sauteed mushrooms, onions, lettuce, and bacon. And massive amount of shoe-string fries are included.
Last night Matt and I got out for a couple hours to enjoy a casual date night at Barnes and Noble. It felt good to do something like home. We split a piece of Godiva Double Chocolate Cheesecake that was to die for.
Writing this, I now realize just how many calories I consumed yesterday. And I'm supposed to put on a swimsuit today! Yikes! Good thing there's a gym nearby!
Here's hoping we have a warm, sunny day!
Comments