Apparently being wrong is a theme in my life right now. At least when it comes to planning for something and it turning out entirely different from what I expected (read post below). Matt and I walked into our ultrasound appointment last Thursday excited and ready to see our little baby. I needed the reassurance that only an ultrasound can bring. We looked at each other as I was heading back, and said, "it's a boy". Fifteen minutes later, we found out that we were wrong! After checking the heart and brain functions - everything looks great, by the way- the technician poked and prodded my belly to get our little one to uncross their legs. Once I stopped giggling and the baby cooperated, a picture was frozen on the screen. The technician said, "There it is". I said "I see it!" (No, I didn't) "It's a girl!" "WHAT!!!!" Tears erupted from my eyes like a water hydrant. "Are you kidding me?" I look over at Matt and he is sitting there, staring at the screen in disbelief. He later told me that he knew from looking at the monitor that he didn't see the telltale "turtle".
WE'RE HAVING A GIRL!!!!
Almost a week later, we are still in shock. Oh, we're excited, don't get me wrong, but I guess I had convinced myself that God was going to give us a house full of boys. No, we don't have any names picked out yet. In fact, after previously settling on a boys name, we can't seem to find any girl names that we like. It will come in time, I'm sure.
For now, I'm treasuring the feeling of knowing that we're having a daughter.
WE'RE HAVING A GIRL!!!!
Almost a week later, we are still in shock. Oh, we're excited, don't get me wrong, but I guess I had convinced myself that God was going to give us a house full of boys. No, we don't have any names picked out yet. In fact, after previously settling on a boys name, we can't seem to find any girl names that we like. It will come in time, I'm sure.
For now, I'm treasuring the feeling of knowing that we're having a daughter.
Comments