Lucas and I have been very busy today. Our morning started with a quick jaunt to the Xpress oil change place; and let me tell you, express is right! We were in and out of the (clean) comfy waiting room in less than 20 minutes and on our way to Dunkin Doughnuts. Out of nowhere a craving hit me for some yummy goodness, so we made a quick detour before our dreaded trip to Walmart. It takes a lot of courage and sugar for me to take Lucas to Walmart, but it had to be done. Along the way from the shaving cream aisle to the flipflops, we stumbled across some shiny, glittery (read: tacky) Thomas the Train stickers. Since I was still feeling good from my sugar rush, I agreed that we could get the "tickers".
It wasn't until a couple hours later back at home when a *great* idea hit me. Let's see if these stickers can manipulate.... I mean motivate Lucas to sit on the potty. After 2 months of hearing "NO!!!" every time I even mentioned the potty, I am feeling pretty desperate.
My idea worked. I presented the magical stickers to Lucas with the clause that he could have one if he sat on the potty. I'm not even asking for "T-T"; at this point I'll just take a bare-bottom sit down. "Oh-tay" he happily replied.
I can barely hold back my glee as I present a shiny sticker to my big boy! I'm sure that "t-t" will come out one day, but for now, I'm satisfied with a great start to the messy, trying journey of potty-training!
It wasn't until a couple hours later back at home when a *great* idea hit me. Let's see if these stickers can manipulate.... I mean motivate Lucas to sit on the potty. After 2 months of hearing "NO!!!" every time I even mentioned the potty, I am feeling pretty desperate.
My idea worked. I presented the magical stickers to Lucas with the clause that he could have one if he sat on the potty. I'm not even asking for "T-T"; at this point I'll just take a bare-bottom sit down. "Oh-tay" he happily replied.
I can barely hold back my glee as I present a shiny sticker to my big boy! I'm sure that "t-t" will come out one day, but for now, I'm satisfied with a great start to the messy, trying journey of potty-training!
Comments