We have been living in our new place for just over a month now. I marvel at how quickly it has become home to us. There are still boxes to unpack, closets to organize, and pictures to hang (and a loooong list of other to-dos), but that all just makes it feel even more like home. We are in a long term rental since our home in the Upstate is also being rented.
I hope you had a Merry Christmas. We spent several days with my family, relaxing, eating way too much, and enjoying time catching up. It felt like a mini-vacation. Actually since I didn't have to cook or clean for 4 days, it was a vacation! It was such a special time.
I caught myself many times during the (short) fall season here in Charleston complaining about the warm weather and the lack of chill in the air; however, experiencing that chilly weather back in Georgia last week, I am happy that we live on the coast! We have been riding bikes and playing outside without scarves and gloves and hats and I am so happy about that! I can do with never having to bundle up three kids just to get in the car and hear them complain about being too hot ever again! Are you feeling me?
I am so optimistic about this new year. In many ways, we have just come out of a major year of change, but I am still praying for more. Well, not big change, but personal change. Like maybe my hair color, my weight, and my heart, in no particular order, of course! I also hope to make friends in our new neighborhood and get plugged into a local MOPS. I also would like to change my lack of dancing abilities, but I'm not sure that's going to happen.
Here's to a new year and a new perspective! We're planting roots and watching beautiful things happen!
I hope you had a Merry Christmas. We spent several days with my family, relaxing, eating way too much, and enjoying time catching up. It felt like a mini-vacation. Actually since I didn't have to cook or clean for 4 days, it was a vacation! It was such a special time.
I caught myself many times during the (short) fall season here in Charleston complaining about the warm weather and the lack of chill in the air; however, experiencing that chilly weather back in Georgia last week, I am happy that we live on the coast! We have been riding bikes and playing outside without scarves and gloves and hats and I am so happy about that! I can do with never having to bundle up three kids just to get in the car and hear them complain about being too hot ever again! Are you feeling me?
I am so optimistic about this new year. In many ways, we have just come out of a major year of change, but I am still praying for more. Well, not big change, but personal change. Like maybe my hair color, my weight, and my heart, in no particular order, of course! I also hope to make friends in our new neighborhood and get plugged into a local MOPS. I also would like to change my lack of dancing abilities, but I'm not sure that's going to happen.
Here's to a new year and a new perspective! We're planting roots and watching beautiful things happen!
Comments