Skip to main content

Bonding

Part of moving to a new town, a new neighborhood, is putting yourself out of your comfort zone to meet people. I feel kind of like I'm dating again. Dating for friends. Searching for friends for the kids and friends for myself. We still live in the Charleston area, just moved to a new part of it. Thankfully, I can look back to 2009 and 2010 and see how God was really pushing me to get out of my comfort zone because He was preparing me for this new phase in life! (Love it when I can look back and see a purpose for my discomfort and pain!)

I can't help but ironically chuckle when I think about how God radically took me out of my comfort zone by relocating our family to the low county a year ago, and how He has done it all over again with this new move to Mt. Pleasant. Now, we're only 40 minutes away from friends and familiarity, but when you're coordinating around nap schedules and bus drop offs, traveling that far can make a big difference. 

I've only meet a few young mommies so far, but I am finding that the joys and trials of mommyhood are a great meeting ground when making friends! It's pretty easy to laugh about the latest nap battle or phase of independence. You're child refusing to go to the potty? That's great, my toddler loves to smack his sister with his chubby, sticky little hands! Ha Ha. Oh, your Kindergartner would rather play all day and not practice his reading and writing too? Awesome. We're bonding all ready.

Today we're playdating again with new friends and I'm pretty excited. I have lots to talk about.... siblings who argue, my always-eating toddler, my 3 year old who loves to pretend to be a baby..... It's gonna be great!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby steps

Guess what? I'm taking steps today to get just a little closer to my dream. We're off to the gym in a little bit to keep working towards losing those 38 pounds. I'm also working on a plan to sell specialty homemade cheesecakes during the holidays. Doing something I love and making some extra money for the people I love. Pretty great stuff!

Special K

I have developed a rather fond relationship with Kellogg's Special K Vanilla Almond. Low in fat (only 1.5 g) and made with whole grains, I eat this tasty treat as a meal and a snack. I'm eating some right now. Special thanks to Kat for introducing me to this delightful cereal. Our local Ingles has been running it on sale this past week, 2 for $4, so I stocked up. The milk is even on sale too, 2 for $5, making this treat yummy and affordable. Sweet, crispy flakes and crunchy almonds. What more could a girl ask for. By the way, you should go to Ingles. Everything is on sale. I picked up some lean ground beef today for $1.38 per pound. Now that's good for the budget. Low prices + good food = happy housewife

Let's go shopping at Aldi's!

If you're shopping at Aldi's this week, I recommend that you stock up on Eggs and Milk! Seriously, a dozen eggs for $1.09 and Milk for $2.19! The price of beef may have gone up, but I'm loving the other staples we get from a cow! I bought 4 dozen eggs this week. Overkill for sure, but when our family eats eggs, we usually eat 7 in one setting! Eggs and toast are a staple breakfast in our house - we eat that at least 4 times a week! It's fast and filling and cheap! If you're looking for something more exciting to do with your eggs, try making a breakfast casserole! I love this casserole from Ree, the Pioneer Woman. Everything she makes is delightful, but this recipe is especially great! As with most recipes, I tweaked it a bit to fit our tastes. For all of his perfect aspects, my handsome husband does not eat mushrooms. This could have been a deal breaker for me 13 years ago, but then I saw his drummer toned legs and I decided to look past his misjudgment! No ...