We stayed home yesterday; my Ava is sick with a cold, so we decided to stay in and not take her germs to church. But I missed it so much!! I truly do love going to church each week! I'm blown away and so thankful for the community I've found with the wonderful people I serve with in KidSpring! And I just love the service each week!
So - I decided to watch the service online so I wouldn't miss going to church! I have to smile when I think about how I can't separate "Mommyhood" from any part of my life! I turned the t.v. on for the big kids, then took the laptop into my room so I could have church! Of course, Wyatt woke up from his first nap pretty soon into the preaching so I got him up to feed him. My computer kept crashing which watching Perry, so I finally gave up, and turned on some worship music so I could continue to pray and listen to God's voice. Just as the moment was getting "holy", I felt a very warm and wet sensation spreading down my leg! Oh yes, Wyatt's diaper leaked and I was soaked! My frustration quickly turned into laughter as I realized just how beautiful and silly my life truly is!
A big thank you to those who left comments on a previous post, reminding me how much God cares about my motives, especially when life gets in the way! My desire is to see our home as my mission field. Whether I'm changing dirty diapers, or breaking up squabbles or making a pb and j for the umptenth time, I want to serve with a joy-filled heart, knowing that I am exactly where God wants me to be! It is so hard for me to do that. I get lonely and frustrated being home full time. It's so easy for me to get discouraged and frustrated with the day to day process of raising the kids. I'm learning to pray daily for God's strength and peace and love to flow through me, because on my own, I fail.
He's so patient with me and so quick with his kindness. Just yesterday, I was feeling so tired and stir crazy and I started taking it out on the kids. My dear Lucas just looked at me and said, "Mom, you're starting to yell at us!". God does speak through our children!
So - I decided to watch the service online so I wouldn't miss going to church! I have to smile when I think about how I can't separate "Mommyhood" from any part of my life! I turned the t.v. on for the big kids, then took the laptop into my room so I could have church! Of course, Wyatt woke up from his first nap pretty soon into the preaching so I got him up to feed him. My computer kept crashing which watching Perry, so I finally gave up, and turned on some worship music so I could continue to pray and listen to God's voice. Just as the moment was getting "holy", I felt a very warm and wet sensation spreading down my leg! Oh yes, Wyatt's diaper leaked and I was soaked! My frustration quickly turned into laughter as I realized just how beautiful and silly my life truly is!
A big thank you to those who left comments on a previous post, reminding me how much God cares about my motives, especially when life gets in the way! My desire is to see our home as my mission field. Whether I'm changing dirty diapers, or breaking up squabbles or making a pb and j for the umptenth time, I want to serve with a joy-filled heart, knowing that I am exactly where God wants me to be! It is so hard for me to do that. I get lonely and frustrated being home full time. It's so easy for me to get discouraged and frustrated with the day to day process of raising the kids. I'm learning to pray daily for God's strength and peace and love to flow through me, because on my own, I fail.
He's so patient with me and so quick with his kindness. Just yesterday, I was feeling so tired and stir crazy and I started taking it out on the kids. My dear Lucas just looked at me and said, "Mom, you're starting to yell at us!". God does speak through our children!
Comments