Skip to main content

Early mornings.....

Well my day certainly has not started the way I had hoped it would! Well, let me rephrase that and say it started way earlier then I had hoped! Ava, Lucas, and Wyatt were all up at 5:50 this morning!! Ava had a sleepover last night in the boys' room, so they were all up searching for Ava's paci which had fallen under the bed! (Okay, Wyatt wasn't so much searching as he was crying because he was hungry!)

So my plan to get up before the kids and have some time with Jesus didn't happen. Thankfully the Lord reminded me an hour later when I did get time with Him, after I had fed Wyatt and my amazing hubby surprised me with breakfast in bed, that "His Grace is Sufficient!" and that "I am saved by faith, not works!". My prayer is that my heart will hear His voice throughout the day as I am busy about my work!

When do you moms of little ones find time to read your Bible and pray? Most of the time, I do it while Wyatt is taking his morning nap and the big kids are watching t.v.; I want to give God the first of my day, but it's a true struggle for me to get up before the kids. Any advice?

On a completely unrelated note, I also could use some advice on getting rid of Ava's paci! She is only allowed to have it while she is sleeping, but I'm afraid of the drama and lack of sleep that is coming when I take it away for good! I followed 'the rules' and had Lucas's paci gone by 18 months, but it's been harder with Ava. I guess I felt bad taking away something that is so comforting to her when her world had already changed so much with a new baby brother and a new home.

Her bite is being affected, or so says the dentist, so it is time to do the right thing and take it away! Any tips?

Well it's time to face this morning with Joy and Peace knowing that God is with me and that He loves me because of Who He Is! I hope your day will be full of the same Grace!! Let me know how I can be praying for you!

Comments

molly said…
oh sara it is so nice to know i am not the only one struggling in ALL of these areas! #1- this week i got an alarm clock for c+r that lights up at a designated time. i have it set for 730am-8am. so when it is green, they know they can get up. the last two weeks they had been getting up around 6am. which does not make this mama happy. who knows, but the last 2 days it has worked, and they are actually sleeping better.

#2 have you read anything about the 5 o'clock club on the girl talk blog? i am going to link the posts here. but obviously with our new baby i am NOT getting up at 5am. well i am, but only for feeding! but, there is some good stuff in the posts about new mom's, tweaking things to fit your sleepless lifestyle. http://www.girltalkhome.com/blog/category/the_5_oclock_club/

#3 we took ruby's paci away a couple months ago and it wasn't easy. she LOVES her "paci and quack-quack" and i really went back and forth as to whether it was time or not. our dentist said it was effecting her teeth. but he also said that was not a big deal because even if she used it until she was 4, her teeth would actually go back? i go to a pediatric dentist here. anyway, i have noticed that her bottom and top teeth have come together more since stopping. we did have a few days of bad naps. and it made me sad. but she is totally fine without it now!

#4 grace, yes! you know i like to be in control of things. the Lord is certainly going to be working on me through this 3-kids thing.

i think my comment was longer than your blog post. ;-)
So perfect I think getting up early to give God the first of our day is the plan for most moms but set the alarm a few minutes earlier just garentees that the kids will beat it. I think God knows our hearts and minds when we do spend time with him. He created us after all and blessed us with children. I would say check motives I know I have to do this a lot to and remember God isn't legalistic in our love for him or his for you. You wouldn't be with your children would you? Anyway hope this doesnt' sound preachy since umm I strugggle with it too.
As for the paci thing been there with that. I know Doctor Hobbs told me when there whole worlds are changing sometimes a paci is the least of the worries. I think you did the right thing. When it's time to give it up what we did with Curtis was replace it with a big boy option a new book for each paci thrown away. Something special just for him. Idk other than that.
I think you are a wonderful mother.
Megret said…
Neither of our kids would take a paci, as you know, but I have heard of something creative that worked: Take her to Build-a-Bear Workshop and let her pick out an animal, and let her say goodbye to her paci there. They can put the paci into the stuffing along with that little felt heart -- a ceremony of sorts! I thought this was a neat idea.

Can't wait to read your 21 posts!
meg :)

Popular posts from this blog

Baby steps

Guess what? I'm taking steps today to get just a little closer to my dream. We're off to the gym in a little bit to keep working towards losing those 38 pounds. I'm also working on a plan to sell specialty homemade cheesecakes during the holidays. Doing something I love and making some extra money for the people I love. Pretty great stuff!

Special K

I have developed a rather fond relationship with Kellogg's Special K Vanilla Almond. Low in fat (only 1.5 g) and made with whole grains, I eat this tasty treat as a meal and a snack. I'm eating some right now. Special thanks to Kat for introducing me to this delightful cereal. Our local Ingles has been running it on sale this past week, 2 for $4, so I stocked up. The milk is even on sale too, 2 for $5, making this treat yummy and affordable. Sweet, crispy flakes and crunchy almonds. What more could a girl ask for. By the way, you should go to Ingles. Everything is on sale. I picked up some lean ground beef today for $1.38 per pound. Now that's good for the budget. Low prices + good food = happy housewife

Let's go shopping at Aldi's!

If you're shopping at Aldi's this week, I recommend that you stock up on Eggs and Milk! Seriously, a dozen eggs for $1.09 and Milk for $2.19! The price of beef may have gone up, but I'm loving the other staples we get from a cow! I bought 4 dozen eggs this week. Overkill for sure, but when our family eats eggs, we usually eat 7 in one setting! Eggs and toast are a staple breakfast in our house - we eat that at least 4 times a week! It's fast and filling and cheap! If you're looking for something more exciting to do with your eggs, try making a breakfast casserole! I love this casserole from Ree, the Pioneer Woman. Everything she makes is delightful, but this recipe is especially great! As with most recipes, I tweaked it a bit to fit our tastes. For all of his perfect aspects, my handsome husband does not eat mushrooms. This could have been a deal breaker for me 13 years ago, but then I saw his drummer toned legs and I decided to look past his misjudgment! No ...