I'm trying so hard to muster up the energy to take the kiddos somewhere this morning, like the water park or the movies, but I can't seem to find the strength to do it. Aside from dinner at a friend's house last night, we haven't left our home since Sunday! The kids are bored, not that I blame them, and nothing I suggest sounds like fun to them.
Oh wait, I just saw Lucas take some play dough into the kitchen! Hopefully this will hold their attention for at least 20 minutes!
I'm so thankful the kids having formed such a strong friendship between the two of them. They do spend 95% of their time with each other, so it's great they enjoy playing together. Our play dates with friends have dwindled because I simply don't have the energy to go on a play date. (I am happy to send them off to a friend's house for the morning, but that doesn't happen very often!)
I pray this slow, lazy summer at home has been more positive than negative for the kids. I want them to always enjoy being together as a family, but at the same time I know how important individual, social activities are for both of them. Lucas will start back at preschool this fall, very part time at a local church. I'm hoping his time away will make him appreciate time at home even more.
I value my calling as a stay at home mom deeply. I believe that I am doing exactly what God has called me and equipped me to do for this season in life. Such freedom and joy has come from accepting and surrendering to His calling! That's why it's so hard for me when I have days like today when I'm still in my pjs at 9:45 and all I feel like doing is taking a nap!
Oh wait, I just saw Lucas take some play dough into the kitchen! Hopefully this will hold their attention for at least 20 minutes!
I'm so thankful the kids having formed such a strong friendship between the two of them. They do spend 95% of their time with each other, so it's great they enjoy playing together. Our play dates with friends have dwindled because I simply don't have the energy to go on a play date. (I am happy to send them off to a friend's house for the morning, but that doesn't happen very often!)
I pray this slow, lazy summer at home has been more positive than negative for the kids. I want them to always enjoy being together as a family, but at the same time I know how important individual, social activities are for both of them. Lucas will start back at preschool this fall, very part time at a local church. I'm hoping his time away will make him appreciate time at home even more.
I value my calling as a stay at home mom deeply. I believe that I am doing exactly what God has called me and equipped me to do for this season in life. Such freedom and joy has come from accepting and surrendering to His calling! That's why it's so hard for me when I have days like today when I'm still in my pjs at 9:45 and all I feel like doing is taking a nap!
Comments