**Yes, I wrote this post a couple months ago, but never got around to posting it!**
I think one of the greatest gifts about being as stay at home mom (SAHM) are mornings that start off slowly, no rushing or frantic pace to get out the door to somewhere important. The kids are still in their pajamas enjoying some PBSKids while I sip a cup of coffee and collect my thoughts. This peaceful feeling is something I will miss when the kids are in school, I'm sure.
This morning started off in a magical way. I woke up about 10 minutes before Lucas and got to spend a few minutes in the Word. Soon after I heard little feet running to my door and saw a beaming little boy eager to jump in my bed and tell me that "he slept good." We turned on the t.v. and enjoyed sitting side by side until Miss A began to call from the other room. She never appreciates being left out. Soon breakfast was on the table, spoons were passed out and my coffee from the day before reheated. Pinks and greens and blues and whites from the spring display outside our kitchen windows cast a delightful atmosphere that rivals any fine dining. I pulled out a new book. A book bought spontaneously at the local Christian bookstore last week while running errands. It's called "Let's go on a Mommy Date" and it's by my favorite of all time author, Karen Kingsbury.
The last page holds words that brought me to tears and gave a holy presence to the moment.
"See, time will take you far from here; you're growing way too fast. All I want is Mommy time to make the moments last. Something we'll remember so that come some far-off day, you'll know how much I loved you 'cause we took the time to play."
Our life can seem so ordinary. Riding bikes, examining earthworms, weekly trips to the grocery store and play dates with dear friends. The days have a way of running together. But I believe in my heart that lumped together, these simple, routine moments create a confidant knowing that we are loved and we love each other. I have no idea what experiences will stand out in my kids' memories when they are grown and gone, but I pray that they will know in their hearts that their Heavenly Father and their family love them unconditionally.
I think one of the greatest gifts about being as stay at home mom (SAHM) are mornings that start off slowly, no rushing or frantic pace to get out the door to somewhere important. The kids are still in their pajamas enjoying some PBSKids while I sip a cup of coffee and collect my thoughts. This peaceful feeling is something I will miss when the kids are in school, I'm sure.
This morning started off in a magical way. I woke up about 10 minutes before Lucas and got to spend a few minutes in the Word. Soon after I heard little feet running to my door and saw a beaming little boy eager to jump in my bed and tell me that "he slept good." We turned on the t.v. and enjoyed sitting side by side until Miss A began to call from the other room. She never appreciates being left out. Soon breakfast was on the table, spoons were passed out and my coffee from the day before reheated. Pinks and greens and blues and whites from the spring display outside our kitchen windows cast a delightful atmosphere that rivals any fine dining. I pulled out a new book. A book bought spontaneously at the local Christian bookstore last week while running errands. It's called "Let's go on a Mommy Date" and it's by my favorite of all time author, Karen Kingsbury.
The last page holds words that brought me to tears and gave a holy presence to the moment.
"See, time will take you far from here; you're growing way too fast. All I want is Mommy time to make the moments last. Something we'll remember so that come some far-off day, you'll know how much I loved you 'cause we took the time to play."
Our life can seem so ordinary. Riding bikes, examining earthworms, weekly trips to the grocery store and play dates with dear friends. The days have a way of running together. But I believe in my heart that lumped together, these simple, routine moments create a confidant knowing that we are loved and we love each other. I have no idea what experiences will stand out in my kids' memories when they are grown and gone, but I pray that they will know in their hearts that their Heavenly Father and their family love them unconditionally.
Comments