Today is one of those hot summer days when you want to be outside, but as soon as you step out you are suffocated by 92 degree sunshine sprinkled with a touch of humidity. I really want to take the kids to the park today, but I'm not sure the fun at the park will outweigh the suffering from the heat.
So for now, I'm sitting at the table, watching the kids entertain themselves. Lucas has been at school all morning where apparently he had a good time because he is now content to sit and play with playdough for a while. Thank you preschool! Ava is working on her newest skill - dropping the sippy cup from the high chair and watching Mommy pick it up. Her hands are covered in her favorite snack, graham crackers - wait she just spied the last one on the table and grunted in glee. The girl loves her crackers.
I'm so happy that summer is here. I'm ready for a change in season, even if that change means sweltering heat and mosquitos. But summer also means mornings at the water park with the kids, grilling outside instead of cooking inside, and of course all the wonderful tastes of summer. Fresh vegetables from the farmer's market, peach milkshakes at Chick-fil-a, and my favorite snack - fresh tomatoes with basil, with a touch of olive oil, and finished with salt and pepper. Yum! I fell in love with this light combination last summer while pregnant with Ava and it stuck.
I have a feeling about this summer. I think it's going to be a really good one!
So for now, I'm sitting at the table, watching the kids entertain themselves. Lucas has been at school all morning where apparently he had a good time because he is now content to sit and play with playdough for a while. Thank you preschool! Ava is working on her newest skill - dropping the sippy cup from the high chair and watching Mommy pick it up. Her hands are covered in her favorite snack, graham crackers - wait she just spied the last one on the table and grunted in glee. The girl loves her crackers.
I'm so happy that summer is here. I'm ready for a change in season, even if that change means sweltering heat and mosquitos. But summer also means mornings at the water park with the kids, grilling outside instead of cooking inside, and of course all the wonderful tastes of summer. Fresh vegetables from the farmer's market, peach milkshakes at Chick-fil-a, and my favorite snack - fresh tomatoes with basil, with a touch of olive oil, and finished with salt and pepper. Yum! I fell in love with this light combination last summer while pregnant with Ava and it stuck.
I have a feeling about this summer. I think it's going to be a really good one!
Comments