I love waking up to a springtime storm. The world is just barely light outside my window, thunder gently rolls and the occasional flash of lightening warms the room. Daytime storms are my favorite type of weather. I feel very poetic and emotional to me. I first fell in love with daytime storms as a teen sitting in my front yard waiting and watching a storm roll in. The balmy wind, deep gray skies and heightened anticipation all speak to my soul. Moody, passionate, and strong. The way I like my man.
Just kidding.
I'm the moody one around here.
I'm starting a new habit each morning. I got the idea from the Simple Mom. While my coffee is brewing, I write down the three Most Important Things (MIT) that I want to achieve today. Yesterday's list read (1) tackle 5 loads of laundry (2) sweep/vacuum floors (3) finish unpacking from weekend. The list enables me to stay focused each day and still find quality time with the kiddos. And it alleviates the guilt for not cleaning the entire house and getting to every task that needs to be done around here. Which is a really good thing.
A simple idea, but really helpful. Thanks Meg for the link to a great website. By the way, Meg is doing a really fun "Mini-Homemaking Series" - very informative!
Just kidding.
I'm the moody one around here.
I'm starting a new habit each morning. I got the idea from the Simple Mom. While my coffee is brewing, I write down the three Most Important Things (MIT) that I want to achieve today. Yesterday's list read (1) tackle 5 loads of laundry (2) sweep/vacuum floors (3) finish unpacking from weekend. The list enables me to stay focused each day and still find quality time with the kiddos. And it alleviates the guilt for not cleaning the entire house and getting to every task that needs to be done around here. Which is a really good thing.
A simple idea, but really helpful. Thanks Meg for the link to a great website. By the way, Meg is doing a really fun "Mini-Homemaking Series" - very informative!
Comments