To say that our lives have been busy this summer would be a total understatement. We bought our new house just one month ago. Since then Matt has been busy coordinating contractors (electrician, plumber, floor guy), painting, painting, and even more painting, demoing walls, rebuilding walls, taming an over grown yard, keeping up with his day job, and taking care of me while I'm busy growing our little girl and corralling our energetic and completely adorable Gu-cas! (That's what he calls himself!) Our friends and family have stepped in in a mighty way and helped us peel wallpaper, clean years of filth, paint very dry walls, and tame those overgrown bushes. It's been ministry in a very real way. In fact, I'm pretty sure this is what the Lord was talking about when He said the body should minister to the body. Oh yeah, and we've been getting our current house ready to put on the market.
I'm 36 weeks pregnant today and headed to the doctor's office in a couple hours for my weekly checkup. Lucas has been going with us in hopes of making him more comfortable with all the big changes going on around him. He seems to enjoy turning on the exam light and measuring my legs with the tape measurer (typically used to measure growing bellies). Lucas will not be at the hospital while I labor, poor kid would probably be traumatized. I do hope we can work around his nap schedule and let him be there after she is born. I'm feeling some anxiety thinking about his reaction to baby sister. I know walking into that birthing room with strangers all around and Mommy lying in a bed is going to be very overwhelming for his little heart and mind. I am praying that the first introduction will go as smoothly as possible.
Saturday we celebrated 5 years of marital bliss. Okay, so life hasn't always been bliss (we've faced some pretty big challenges), but our love for each other has grown and deepened in ways we never thought possible. I feel closer to Matt now than I did on our wedding day.
I'm 36 weeks pregnant today and headed to the doctor's office in a couple hours for my weekly checkup. Lucas has been going with us in hopes of making him more comfortable with all the big changes going on around him. He seems to enjoy turning on the exam light and measuring my legs with the tape measurer (typically used to measure growing bellies). Lucas will not be at the hospital while I labor, poor kid would probably be traumatized. I do hope we can work around his nap schedule and let him be there after she is born. I'm feeling some anxiety thinking about his reaction to baby sister. I know walking into that birthing room with strangers all around and Mommy lying in a bed is going to be very overwhelming for his little heart and mind. I am praying that the first introduction will go as smoothly as possible.
Saturday we celebrated 5 years of marital bliss. Okay, so life hasn't always been bliss (we've faced some pretty big challenges), but our love for each other has grown and deepened in ways we never thought possible. I feel closer to Matt now than I did on our wedding day.
Comments
Vicky Richburg