Skip to main content

Baby Names?

We are having so much trouble naming our baby girl! I never thought it would be this hard. When we found out we were expecting Lucas, we immediately decided that whatever name we chose would be a secret until his birth. We kept our list to ourselves and went to the hospital armed with our top three names: Lucas, Isaac, and Wyatt. Just a few minutes after he was born, I looked at Matt and said "I know what his name is". "I do too", he replied. Then we both said "Lucas!". I wonder what would have happened if we had said different names!

This time around, we decided to forgo the secrecy and freely use her name so that Lucas would become familiar with her. Well, it was a great plan that has yet to come into action. We are three weeks away from our EDD and our child is still without a name! We have spent hours searching the web, tearing through baby books and tossing names back and forth. I don't know if it is the feeling that no "common" name is good enough for our little girl or just the overwhelming responsibility of naming a little life, but we are stuck. At this point, I think our guidelines have become more of a hindrance than a help. It is very important to us to give her a name that is feminine, strong, and unique (but not weird). We don't want her to share our experience of always having a classmate with the same name; however, we don't want her to be a target of childish jokes. So with my belly about to pop, I am doing something I never thought I would do - I'm open to hearing your suggestions of what we should name our baby girl! Now, please keep in mind that in my very pregnant, very opinionated state, I may quickly dismiss a name that you love, so don't take it personally. At this point, there's no room for politeness. Our girl needs a name!

Comments

Rebecca said…
Our girl name was Amelia...to me it was classy, very feminine, unique but not weird. It is also my grandmother's name. We'll never get to use it unless there is an oops!
Lukey said…
Picking names for girls is so difficult. A few that you might like:

Alice
Aubrey
Nicola
Beverly
Denise
Lisa said…
Morning
Just wanted to drop a name or two
Lorali
Madison
Delaney
But it is up to you whichever name you pick it will be the perfect one and you will know it when it happens. Lots of hugs to you ans family. Love you Lisa
Sugar and Spice said…
These are some names that I liked, but John Allen vetoed!

Cara, Laney, Lindley, Leah, Marissa, Addison, Julia, Meghan, Rebecca, and Natalie

Hope this helps! I am looking forward to lunch tomorrow!
Baby Girl name said…
I love to call kids by different sweet and cute names. My baby name is hanry , he called me by my names sometimes. It is so sweet to hear my own name by his tongue

Popular posts from this blog

Baby steps

Guess what? I'm taking steps today to get just a little closer to my dream. We're off to the gym in a little bit to keep working towards losing those 38 pounds. I'm also working on a plan to sell specialty homemade cheesecakes during the holidays. Doing something I love and making some extra money for the people I love. Pretty great stuff!

Special K

I have developed a rather fond relationship with Kellogg's Special K Vanilla Almond. Low in fat (only 1.5 g) and made with whole grains, I eat this tasty treat as a meal and a snack. I'm eating some right now. Special thanks to Kat for introducing me to this delightful cereal. Our local Ingles has been running it on sale this past week, 2 for $4, so I stocked up. The milk is even on sale too, 2 for $5, making this treat yummy and affordable. Sweet, crispy flakes and crunchy almonds. What more could a girl ask for. By the way, you should go to Ingles. Everything is on sale. I picked up some lean ground beef today for $1.38 per pound. Now that's good for the budget. Low prices + good food = happy housewife

Let's go shopping at Aldi's!

If you're shopping at Aldi's this week, I recommend that you stock up on Eggs and Milk! Seriously, a dozen eggs for $1.09 and Milk for $2.19! The price of beef may have gone up, but I'm loving the other staples we get from a cow! I bought 4 dozen eggs this week. Overkill for sure, but when our family eats eggs, we usually eat 7 in one setting! Eggs and toast are a staple breakfast in our house - we eat that at least 4 times a week! It's fast and filling and cheap! If you're looking for something more exciting to do with your eggs, try making a breakfast casserole! I love this casserole from Ree, the Pioneer Woman. Everything she makes is delightful, but this recipe is especially great! As with most recipes, I tweaked it a bit to fit our tastes. For all of his perfect aspects, my handsome husband does not eat mushrooms. This could have been a deal breaker for me 13 years ago, but then I saw his drummer toned legs and I decided to look past his misjudgment! No ...