Skip to main content

Thankful

One of the greatest joys in my life is getting to pray with Lucas. Since the day we found out we were expecting, Matt and I have prayed over Lucas. During the pregnancy we asked God to give us a healthy and happy child, and He did. The early weeks of his life, we prayed everyday that God would watch over our tiny baby and guide us through the challenges of first time parenthood, loss of sleep and post-partum. We prayed through every sniffle, cry, and struggle. God proved his faithfulness over and over, giving us countless times to rejoice in His consistency and favor. Over the last couple weeks, we have seen a change in Lucas's behavior during prayer time. Instead of squirming and being loud, Lucas now quietly holds our hands as we seek the Saviour. As a mom, my heart is overjoyed that my baby is now beginning to understand the holiness of our God. I want so much for Lucas to understand the power and awesomeness of prayer. I hope that as he watches us struggle and fail countless times, he will still feel the pull of an all-loving and ever merciful God.

I didn't want to leave church this morning because it was so incredible! Shout out to Ken and all the tech guys who are a big part of making things happen like they do. You guys are great!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sara,
That is so awesome about Lucas! I've prayed with different babies, but I've never had one to consistently pray with...I had no idea a baby could start to understand and be reverent at such an early age!! That's incredible!! That's really wonderful. You're doing such a good job as a mommy. I'm so glad that Lucas has you and Matt as parents. I pray that he will accept Jesus as soon as he understands, and that he will make God proud. I love you, Sara.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby steps

Guess what? I'm taking steps today to get just a little closer to my dream. We're off to the gym in a little bit to keep working towards losing those 38 pounds. I'm also working on a plan to sell specialty homemade cheesecakes during the holidays. Doing something I love and making some extra money for the people I love. Pretty great stuff!

Special K

I have developed a rather fond relationship with Kellogg's Special K Vanilla Almond. Low in fat (only 1.5 g) and made with whole grains, I eat this tasty treat as a meal and a snack. I'm eating some right now. Special thanks to Kat for introducing me to this delightful cereal. Our local Ingles has been running it on sale this past week, 2 for $4, so I stocked up. The milk is even on sale too, 2 for $5, making this treat yummy and affordable. Sweet, crispy flakes and crunchy almonds. What more could a girl ask for. By the way, you should go to Ingles. Everything is on sale. I picked up some lean ground beef today for $1.38 per pound. Now that's good for the budget. Low prices + good food = happy housewife

Let's go shopping at Aldi's!

If you're shopping at Aldi's this week, I recommend that you stock up on Eggs and Milk! Seriously, a dozen eggs for $1.09 and Milk for $2.19! The price of beef may have gone up, but I'm loving the other staples we get from a cow! I bought 4 dozen eggs this week. Overkill for sure, but when our family eats eggs, we usually eat 7 in one setting! Eggs and toast are a staple breakfast in our house - we eat that at least 4 times a week! It's fast and filling and cheap! If you're looking for something more exciting to do with your eggs, try making a breakfast casserole! I love this casserole from Ree, the Pioneer Woman. Everything she makes is delightful, but this recipe is especially great! As with most recipes, I tweaked it a bit to fit our tastes. For all of his perfect aspects, my handsome husband does not eat mushrooms. This could have been a deal breaker for me 13 years ago, but then I saw his drummer toned legs and I decided to look past his misjudgment! No ...