Skip to main content

Christmas MEME

Christmas MEME

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Both - but not at the same time!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Santa leaves unwrapped presents on the couch, Mom and Dad wrap presents
3. Colored Light on Tree/House or White? White.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.
5. When do you put your decorations up? This year we decorated about a week into December
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Mushroom Rice Casserole
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? My sisters and I would wake up at a predetermined time in the middle of the night, meet downstairs and look at the goodies Santa left us
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't actually remember when I found out. I just sort of did.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Never as a child, but occasionally as we got older.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Our Christmas tree is full of ornaments from Matt's childhood and special ornaments we've been given celebrating our Christmases together
11. Snow. Love it or dread it? Love it. Even ice storms, simply because it means Matt can't go to work and we have to stay inside all day together
12. Can you ice skate? I've only tried once and it was a very funny experience .
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Actually, I can't remember... in case you haven't noticed, my memory is terrible! I need my sister Melanie to help me out!
14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas to you? Jesus.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Ambrosia
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I don't know if this is my favorite, but as a teen and older, I often would go to the movies with my family on Christmas day to catch a holiday flick
17. What tops your tree? A large red, velvet bow with streamers
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving. I enjoy the planning, shopping and wrapping.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? "Let it snow"
20. Candy Canes. Yuck or Yum? Yum for the first few minutes, not so yum after that!

Blog I'm Tagging:
Kathryn

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your favorite present was...just kidding! I have no idea!! I think my favorite was that fancy hamster cage! haha :-)

I enjoyed reading your comments. I have many similar answers, and it was fun reading yours. You making it this week w/o Matt? Love you!!
Anonymous said…
I love your answers and the relationship you have with your sisters, I now know what I missed just having brothers by watching you three. I love you guys and wish you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful God filled New Year! Thank you for your Christmas card Lucas is wonderful. Love Lisa

Popular posts from this blog

Baby steps

Guess what? I'm taking steps today to get just a little closer to my dream. We're off to the gym in a little bit to keep working towards losing those 38 pounds. I'm also working on a plan to sell specialty homemade cheesecakes during the holidays. Doing something I love and making some extra money for the people I love. Pretty great stuff!

Special K

I have developed a rather fond relationship with Kellogg's Special K Vanilla Almond. Low in fat (only 1.5 g) and made with whole grains, I eat this tasty treat as a meal and a snack. I'm eating some right now. Special thanks to Kat for introducing me to this delightful cereal. Our local Ingles has been running it on sale this past week, 2 for $4, so I stocked up. The milk is even on sale too, 2 for $5, making this treat yummy and affordable. Sweet, crispy flakes and crunchy almonds. What more could a girl ask for. By the way, you should go to Ingles. Everything is on sale. I picked up some lean ground beef today for $1.38 per pound. Now that's good for the budget. Low prices + good food = happy housewife

Let's go shopping at Aldi's!

If you're shopping at Aldi's this week, I recommend that you stock up on Eggs and Milk! Seriously, a dozen eggs for $1.09 and Milk for $2.19! The price of beef may have gone up, but I'm loving the other staples we get from a cow! I bought 4 dozen eggs this week. Overkill for sure, but when our family eats eggs, we usually eat 7 in one setting! Eggs and toast are a staple breakfast in our house - we eat that at least 4 times a week! It's fast and filling and cheap! If you're looking for something more exciting to do with your eggs, try making a breakfast casserole! I love this casserole from Ree, the Pioneer Woman. Everything she makes is delightful, but this recipe is especially great! As with most recipes, I tweaked it a bit to fit our tastes. For all of his perfect aspects, my handsome husband does not eat mushrooms. This could have been a deal breaker for me 13 years ago, but then I saw his drummer toned legs and I decided to look past his misjudgment! No ...