The Christmas season has been so much fun this year! We started partying on the 21st at a Christmas drop-in hosted by my in-laws. Kathryn and I spent the first part of the week baking sweet treats to give away. Matt returned home in time to attend his family parties at which Lucas was the center of attention, naturally. As his bedtime came and went each night, Lucas would hit his second wind, entertaining us all, until he finally crashed around 11:00 pm. Christmas eve, Lucas received so many fun gifts and toys, although he did seem to enjoy the tissue paper and boxes more than anything. We let him sleep in Christmas morning since he hadn't shut his bright eyes the night before until midnight! I made sausage biscuits and a cheese omelet as a special, heart-clogging treat. We decided to give Lucas two gifts this year - a flashlight and a fisher price ball popper - and a few small items in his stocking. At noon, we packed up the car, went to Mimi and Poppy's for lunch, then drove to LaGrange to visit Grandma! Aunt Melanie and Uncle Walker arrived shortly after us. The next couple days were filled with laughter, good food and lots of presents. Lucas had a blast playing with his cousin Alyssa who came the next day with her parents, Aunt Amy and Uncle Brock. We really enjoyed the time to catch up with family.
And now we're home. Right now, my two sweet boys are playing with toys in the living room while I tidy up the house after unpacking our presents. Lucas's newest 'thing' is to stomp his right foot when he hears music. He also likes to turn around in circles.
Uh oh.... I smell a poopy diaper.... maybe I can convince Matt to get this one.... :)
And now we're home. Right now, my two sweet boys are playing with toys in the living room while I tidy up the house after unpacking our presents. Lucas's newest 'thing' is to stomp his right foot when he hears music. He also likes to turn around in circles.
Uh oh.... I smell a poopy diaper.... maybe I can convince Matt to get this one.... :)
Comments