There are few things I love more than a spring rain. I love the way colors outside look richer, deeper. Our backyard looks so comforting and inviting right now. (Except for the grass that needs to be cut and the dog poo.) But you understand what a I mean. Growing up, I began to associate a sense of melancholy with spring storms. A stirring or longing to snuggle with my love, sip hot tea, and watch a movie or read a novel. Oh, I just thought of the perfect place I would like to be right now to fully enjoy this rain storm -- sitting on a screened in back porch. Give me a warm blanket and a spiced chai latte and I'm in heaven. Unfortunately, none of those things are going to happen today. My precious husband is off to work, and I am rushing around the house packing for Lucas and I to be gone for a few days. We're headin' down to Georgia. I've been asking God to keep the rain here in the Upstate, but the weather channel's predictions have given me little hope.
I hate driving in the rain. Riding can be fun, but not driving. Last night, Matt and I both had to drive home seperately in a severe thunderstorm from Greenville. Lucas and I drove up to surprise Matt at work with dinner plans. The lightning that was flashing across the sky on our way home, reminded me riding in the backseat of my parents station wagon when I was a little girl. I would curl up in the floorboard to look up into the sky. I can remember being scared of the lightning and my Dad reassuring me that our rubber tires would protect us. Funny how those comforting words came to mind last night.
Keep us in your prayers. I always feel such an extra weight of responsibilty when I drive down to see my family without Matt. Having a baby definately takes my speed down a couple notches on the spedometer.
I love you all and I hope your weekend is spectacular.
I hate driving in the rain. Riding can be fun, but not driving. Last night, Matt and I both had to drive home seperately in a severe thunderstorm from Greenville. Lucas and I drove up to surprise Matt at work with dinner plans. The lightning that was flashing across the sky on our way home, reminded me riding in the backseat of my parents station wagon when I was a little girl. I would curl up in the floorboard to look up into the sky. I can remember being scared of the lightning and my Dad reassuring me that our rubber tires would protect us. Funny how those comforting words came to mind last night.
Keep us in your prayers. I always feel such an extra weight of responsibilty when I drive down to see my family without Matt. Having a baby definately takes my speed down a couple notches on the spedometer.
I love you all and I hope your weekend is spectacular.
Comments
»
»