Today has been a quiet day in the Alexander home. Matt is at work and Lucas and I have been chilling at home. Last night was another great night of sleep for Lucas. I feel like I must make it known that I am NOT giving my child cereal to make him sleep, nor any meds. He's just a good sleeper. I say this only because I know that those are things that some parents will do in hopes of making their child sleep through the night.
Lucas is 2 months old today. Only two months and yet I can't imagine my life without him.
I hope you don't mind all of the pictures I've posted. I know if you have a slow connection it can make things rather painful. I'm thinking about setting up a flicker account so that you can view pictures there instead of on the blog. I'll let you know.
Christmas has been on my mind lately. Or more specifically, Christmas gifts. I know it seems early, but this year, I want us to be very creative in our gift-giving. And creativity can take careful planning - so does the budget! Long before Lucas arrived on the scene, Matt and I dicussed how we want to handle the chaos of christmas presents. We both remember waking up early on Christmas morning and running down stairs with the thrill of knowing that Santa had come. Sadly, it often happened that we were so caught up in our treasures, that we brushed aside the real, deeper meaning of the day which is Jesus Christ. And so I'm asking you Moms and Dads out there, how do you handle Christmas? How do you teach your children to focus on Him and not on their presents? I'd love some ideas.
S
Lucas is 2 months old today. Only two months and yet I can't imagine my life without him.
I hope you don't mind all of the pictures I've posted. I know if you have a slow connection it can make things rather painful. I'm thinking about setting up a flicker account so that you can view pictures there instead of on the blog. I'll let you know.
Christmas has been on my mind lately. Or more specifically, Christmas gifts. I know it seems early, but this year, I want us to be very creative in our gift-giving. And creativity can take careful planning - so does the budget! Long before Lucas arrived on the scene, Matt and I dicussed how we want to handle the chaos of christmas presents. We both remember waking up early on Christmas morning and running down stairs with the thrill of knowing that Santa had come. Sadly, it often happened that we were so caught up in our treasures, that we brushed aside the real, deeper meaning of the day which is Jesus Christ. And so I'm asking you Moms and Dads out there, how do you handle Christmas? How do you teach your children to focus on Him and not on their presents? I'd love some ideas.
S
Comments