It was a milestone event last week. Lucas had his two month shots. And he didn't like. (Who does?) We took Lucas to see Dr. Treash last Thursday for his 2 month "well child" visit. I felt so thankful that we had not been to the doctor since his 1 month checkup. Here are the stats: weight 11 lbs 9 oz and height 23 inches. He is continuing to maintain in the 50th percentile. After bombarding the doctor with questions (Is he sleeping too much? Can we stop the hiccups?) Lucas as examined and declared perfect! Okay, so maybe the doctor didn't say the actual word, but I know my son is perfect! All kidding aside, Lucas apprears to be growing and developing right on target and we are thrilled about that. Dr. Treash's advice was to keep doing what we are doing and to come back in two months for the next check up. "Yes, sir!"
The doctor left to see another patient, so Matt and I simply played with our sweet boy as we awaited the nurse and the shots. The poor little guy had no idea what was coming! He was stretched out on the table wearing his delightful grin when all of a sudden a look of shock mixed with pain and confusion swept across his face. Thankfully the nurse was quick and it was over before the tears could slide down his cheeks. In my own anguish, I quickly scooped him up in my arms and reassured my tiny little man that mommy was there. Several minutes and kisses later, Lucas finally stopped crying. Whew. I don't know who was more upset, me or him. The rest of the day was filled with lots of snuggling and infant tylenol every 4 hours. Another milestone for us as we have not given Lucas any medicine. And he has never had a fever before. Overall, I'm thankful the day is over and even more thankful for the two months Lucas has to forget this eventful day before it happens again at four months.
The doctor left to see another patient, so Matt and I simply played with our sweet boy as we awaited the nurse and the shots. The poor little guy had no idea what was coming! He was stretched out on the table wearing his delightful grin when all of a sudden a look of shock mixed with pain and confusion swept across his face. Thankfully the nurse was quick and it was over before the tears could slide down his cheeks. In my own anguish, I quickly scooped him up in my arms and reassured my tiny little man that mommy was there. Several minutes and kisses later, Lucas finally stopped crying. Whew. I don't know who was more upset, me or him. The rest of the day was filled with lots of snuggling and infant tylenol every 4 hours. Another milestone for us as we have not given Lucas any medicine. And he has never had a fever before. Overall, I'm thankful the day is over and even more thankful for the two months Lucas has to forget this eventful day before it happens again at four months.
Comments