Skip to main content

The "real" me

So I feel like it's only fair if I write another post about my day. A non-lovey-dovey- day. A day when I forget to take a shower, or even go to the bathroom. Or how about a day when I do get to take a shower, but not alone. Instead I have one kid in the shower with me, while the other is causing mischief and another is crying. Forget shaving my legs or washing my hair. It's a quick wash, rinse, get out and start referee-ing.

Or how about a day when the kids watch way too much t.v., and I secretly eat any and all snacks in the house, until the kids catch me and want to know why I ate all of the goldfish.

Oh this is a good one - I'm at the grocery store and only realize after I get back in the car, that I forgot to brush my teeth or take off last night's make up, and what in the heck is going on with my hair today? My clothes are frumpy, because my baby weight prevents me from fitting into my cute clothes, and I wear flats all the time because my feet hurt every night.

The kids are yelling and fighting and crying, loudly. I'm yelling and crying, again. Matt comes home to a short-tempered, critical woman who forgets that she is a wife first and mom second and cranky children who again, watched way too much t.v.

Please don't think that my life is always rosey and perfect because it is far from it. Thankfully, there are amazing, sugar-coated days mixed into the chaos, and those days are full of joy!

Almost every time I go out, some stranger says to me, "Wow, you have your hands full!" And for the most part, I can honestly respond back and say, "Yes, I do! But they are really good kids, so it's okay! We're having a good time!"

I want our kids to see Jesus in me. I want them to be drawn to Jesus because of me. And so they get all of me - the good and the bad. I have to apologize to them at least once a week for losing my temper and raising my voice. (Some weeks, I'm saying sorry once a day!) And so I pray and pray some more and read my Bible for wisdom and guidance as I navigate this crazy, exhausting world as a stay at home mom.

Comments

Faith by Grace said…
Oh, Sara! This makes me cry in the most wonderful way!! My brother and his wife have twins and have been trying for the last year to keep their heads above water. To them, there is always something happening and it seems that the good never out weighs the bad.

It is great to know that as Christians, we have a light that can shine so bright that others will most definitely be drawn to us. And through us, God will use those opportunities not only to enrich our lives, but to teach others of Jesus' love as well. You are doing an awesome job as a stay at home mother!! I see it in your children every week and through you, God is shinning into and out of all 3 of them. As much as I want to keep them young, I also cannot wait to see how God is going to use them to complete His good works. I love you guys and keep the stories coming :)

Jen

Popular posts from this blog

Baby steps

Guess what? I'm taking steps today to get just a little closer to my dream. We're off to the gym in a little bit to keep working towards losing those 38 pounds. I'm also working on a plan to sell specialty homemade cheesecakes during the holidays. Doing something I love and making some extra money for the people I love. Pretty great stuff!

Special K

I have developed a rather fond relationship with Kellogg's Special K Vanilla Almond. Low in fat (only 1.5 g) and made with whole grains, I eat this tasty treat as a meal and a snack. I'm eating some right now. Special thanks to Kat for introducing me to this delightful cereal. Our local Ingles has been running it on sale this past week, 2 for $4, so I stocked up. The milk is even on sale too, 2 for $5, making this treat yummy and affordable. Sweet, crispy flakes and crunchy almonds. What more could a girl ask for. By the way, you should go to Ingles. Everything is on sale. I picked up some lean ground beef today for $1.38 per pound. Now that's good for the budget. Low prices + good food = happy housewife

Let's go shopping at Aldi's!

If you're shopping at Aldi's this week, I recommend that you stock up on Eggs and Milk! Seriously, a dozen eggs for $1.09 and Milk for $2.19! The price of beef may have gone up, but I'm loving the other staples we get from a cow! I bought 4 dozen eggs this week. Overkill for sure, but when our family eats eggs, we usually eat 7 in one setting! Eggs and toast are a staple breakfast in our house - we eat that at least 4 times a week! It's fast and filling and cheap! If you're looking for something more exciting to do with your eggs, try making a breakfast casserole! I love this casserole from Ree, the Pioneer Woman. Everything she makes is delightful, but this recipe is especially great! As with most recipes, I tweaked it a bit to fit our tastes. For all of his perfect aspects, my handsome husband does not eat mushrooms. This could have been a deal breaker for me 13 years ago, but then I saw his drummer toned legs and I decided to look past his misjudgment! No ...