Our day has this sort of beautiful rhythm to it. I wake up to the sound of Wyatt babbling in the baby monitor, so I quietly bring him back to bed with me where I get to snuggle and enjoy a long, lazy feeding. Lucas and Ava typically get up during that time and either play, watch t.v., or snuggle on the bed with us. I particularly like it when they snuggle and all of us are in the bed. Kind of reminds me of a children's book..... "Five Little Monkey's Jumping on the Bed". Definitely my favorite time of day.
The day starts to simmer as I brew coffee for myself, make the kids breakfast and Matt gets ready for work. Our morning schedule kind of varies and depends on the weather, the amount of errands I need to run, and the amount of energy the kids are oozing with. One of my favorite moments of the day (and it doesn't happen every day), is when I'm busy about the house and I can hear the kids playing in their rooms. Wyatt loves to watch Lucas as he creates a fantasy world with his matchbox cars. Ava is usually busy taking care of a particular baby doll or stuffed animal who needs her attention. She loves to gather together a purse, bottle, and a baby to play house while wearing high heels!
I flit in and out of their rooms, putting up laundry, making beds and emptying trashcans. All is right with the world. No one is yelling. No one is snatching toys. No one is crying. I can almost hear a beautiful melody playing in the back ground. Like the melody on Pride and Prejudice (the new one).
I'm so thankful for these moments and countless others where I am presently aware of how blessed I am. I have three beautiful, healthy children and a husband who loves me. Our challenges pale in comparison to those who are facing travesties like earthquakes or poverty.
I can not begin to wrap my mind around such devastation as what is happening in Japan. But I do know that God is still God and God is still good. I am praying for those precious people who have lost everything and I am praying that they will find healing and comfort in the midst of unimaginable loss.
No matter what Matt and I have faced (grief, health problems, financial stress, tension, relocation), we both still know that God is good. Without a personal relationship with Him, I don't know where we could be. Lost, broken, hopeless - for sure.
My life is so simple. But to me, it is simply beautiful.
The day starts to simmer as I brew coffee for myself, make the kids breakfast and Matt gets ready for work. Our morning schedule kind of varies and depends on the weather, the amount of errands I need to run, and the amount of energy the kids are oozing with. One of my favorite moments of the day (and it doesn't happen every day), is when I'm busy about the house and I can hear the kids playing in their rooms. Wyatt loves to watch Lucas as he creates a fantasy world with his matchbox cars. Ava is usually busy taking care of a particular baby doll or stuffed animal who needs her attention. She loves to gather together a purse, bottle, and a baby to play house while wearing high heels!
I flit in and out of their rooms, putting up laundry, making beds and emptying trashcans. All is right with the world. No one is yelling. No one is snatching toys. No one is crying. I can almost hear a beautiful melody playing in the back ground. Like the melody on Pride and Prejudice (the new one).
I'm so thankful for these moments and countless others where I am presently aware of how blessed I am. I have three beautiful, healthy children and a husband who loves me. Our challenges pale in comparison to those who are facing travesties like earthquakes or poverty.
I can not begin to wrap my mind around such devastation as what is happening in Japan. But I do know that God is still God and God is still good. I am praying for those precious people who have lost everything and I am praying that they will find healing and comfort in the midst of unimaginable loss.
No matter what Matt and I have faced (grief, health problems, financial stress, tension, relocation), we both still know that God is good. Without a personal relationship with Him, I don't know where we could be. Lost, broken, hopeless - for sure.
My life is so simple. But to me, it is simply beautiful.
Comments