For the sake of my thighs, I must make a confession this morning. Remember my goals for September weight loss? Something like "lose 6-10 pounds"? Well ever since I quit WW, I have stopped losing weight. In fact, I've gained a pound.
Now before you respond, I will add that I have lost a couple inches over my body, so I'm pretty sure I'm gaining muscle from working out consistently.
However, my jiggly thighs and gooey tummy have reminded me that I have not reached my weight loss goals yet. And it's time to get back on the diet plan!
Instead of counting points this month, I spent my time analyzing why I like to eat so much and why I feel so happy when I'm not dieting. (I do have to use my degree in Psychology sometime!)
Wanna hear my excuses, um... I mean thoughts?
I really hate feeling hungry.
For 3 months, WW kept me from feeling "full" and now that I've gotten that feeling back, I don't know how to let go.
I've never been good at following through. Seriously. I'm great at ideas, brainstorming ways to reach a goal or accomplish something great, but when it comes to making it till the end, I stink.
It's a simple lack of self-discipline. A theme I'm seeing in lots of areas in my life.
So what am I going to do about this? I can't afford therapy, so that means it's time for me to get over myself and kick it in to high gear. It's time to start counting points again and paying attention to what I put into my mouth. I want to lose 2 pounds this week!
Wow. Even as I type this, I'm struggling to believe I will actually follow through with my lofty goals.
We are our own worst enemies, right?
Okay, here's the new plan : pray. Pray for self-control and discipline (two qualities not in my human nature) to keep track of my food.
And stop thinking/obsessing about food and my jello-belly. There are way more important things in life, and one of them is crawling on my feet right now!
Now before you respond, I will add that I have lost a couple inches over my body, so I'm pretty sure I'm gaining muscle from working out consistently.
However, my jiggly thighs and gooey tummy have reminded me that I have not reached my weight loss goals yet. And it's time to get back on the diet plan!
Instead of counting points this month, I spent my time analyzing why I like to eat so much and why I feel so happy when I'm not dieting. (I do have to use my degree in Psychology sometime!)
Wanna hear my excuses, um... I mean thoughts?
I really hate feeling hungry.
For 3 months, WW kept me from feeling "full" and now that I've gotten that feeling back, I don't know how to let go.
I've never been good at following through. Seriously. I'm great at ideas, brainstorming ways to reach a goal or accomplish something great, but when it comes to making it till the end, I stink.
It's a simple lack of self-discipline. A theme I'm seeing in lots of areas in my life.
So what am I going to do about this? I can't afford therapy, so that means it's time for me to get over myself and kick it in to high gear. It's time to start counting points again and paying attention to what I put into my mouth. I want to lose 2 pounds this week!
Wow. Even as I type this, I'm struggling to believe I will actually follow through with my lofty goals.
We are our own worst enemies, right?
Okay, here's the new plan : pray. Pray for self-control and discipline (two qualities not in my human nature) to keep track of my food.
And stop thinking/obsessing about food and my jello-belly. There are way more important things in life, and one of them is crawling on my feet right now!
Comments