In the car on the way back home, Lucas informed me that he wanted to throw-up. After a second of panicking, I asked him why he wanted to throw-up. He said the yellow stuff (the fluoride treatment was in a yellow tray) was icky and needed to come out of his body. When I told him to not throw up, he shrugged and said, "I guess I'll have to tee-tee it out".
Who can argue with that logic?
I'm so thankful Lucas had such a positive experience; as we all know, the dentist can be such a stressful place! I was a little surprised at the amount of anxiety I felt as Lucas got his teeth cleaned. Images of past trips to the dentist (painful ones) kept flashing through my mind until I found myself breathing a little faster and tapping my foot on the floor. Thankfully Lucas was too distracted by "Mr. Thirsty" to notice my anxiety.
Comments