I love it when I figure something out or get something right! As a mom, I swear that I lost some of my brain cells during each delivery. I was an A student (a nerd, basically) in school, but most of the time those days seem like distant memories. So when I come up with something creative and fun for Lucas to do while I'm busy cooking dinner, I always get excited. Yesterday was one of those "Ah Ha" moments.
Hold up... I just realized that after all that hype, you guys are now expecting some brilliant idea that will revolutionize the lives of moms everywhere. Prepare yourself for disappointment if that's what you were thinking.
Dish washing. That's my brilliant idea. (Yes, I promise I really was a nerd in school.) One of my favorite things about my rather outdated, yet wonderfully large kitchen (I have more cabinets than I can fill!) is the extra large double sink. I didn't realize just how big it really is until I washed dishes back at my Mom's house the other weekend. Sorry Mom, your sink is really small. Yesterday, Lucas and I had a great day playing cars, building with Lincoln Logs, wrestling in the bed, and playing with glitter glue (not one of my best ideas). I needed to cook dinner, but with an adorable shadow by my side and under foot, a home cooked dinner was looking more like take-out. I also needed to wash the pile of dirty baking sheets and trays that had been piling up on my counter. As I filled up one side of the sink with soap and water, Lucas pulled up a chair to the other side and asked if he could wash too. And he washed for the next 45 minutes. Viola - 45 minutes to sweep and swiffer, wash dishes and cook dinner. Sure, he made a mess and had to be stripped down to the diaper, but we both appreciated the time.
Wait - I just realized that my great idea wasn't really my idea at all. The credit goes to Lucas, my little, over eager helper. So much for those brain cells.
Hold up... I just realized that after all that hype, you guys are now expecting some brilliant idea that will revolutionize the lives of moms everywhere. Prepare yourself for disappointment if that's what you were thinking.
Dish washing. That's my brilliant idea. (Yes, I promise I really was a nerd in school.) One of my favorite things about my rather outdated, yet wonderfully large kitchen (I have more cabinets than I can fill!) is the extra large double sink. I didn't realize just how big it really is until I washed dishes back at my Mom's house the other weekend. Sorry Mom, your sink is really small. Yesterday, Lucas and I had a great day playing cars, building with Lincoln Logs, wrestling in the bed, and playing with glitter glue (not one of my best ideas). I needed to cook dinner, but with an adorable shadow by my side and under foot, a home cooked dinner was looking more like take-out. I also needed to wash the pile of dirty baking sheets and trays that had been piling up on my counter. As I filled up one side of the sink with soap and water, Lucas pulled up a chair to the other side and asked if he could wash too. And he washed for the next 45 minutes. Viola - 45 minutes to sweep and swiffer, wash dishes and cook dinner. Sure, he made a mess and had to be stripped down to the diaper, but we both appreciated the time.
Wait - I just realized that my great idea wasn't really my idea at all. The credit goes to Lucas, my little, over eager helper. So much for those brain cells.
Comments