Lucas and I have been taking lots of walks this week. Our gym membership has lapsed temporarily, so we've been getting out in the stroller each morning for some cardio. Plus the weather has been great. On our walk today, Lucas was desperate to touch every animal we saw. Bird, cat, dog, it didn't matter; Lucas had both arms stretched straight out, begging them to come to him. "Kiii Kiii" or "Doh Doh" or "Bir Bir" was said over and over again. Thankfully, we did come across a dog named Ossie that allowed Lucas to pet him. I have to say I love how much Lucas loves animals. His excitement is not limited to animals however, but pours out onto everything including planes "pay" and balls "bas" and cars "kar". We blame the plane obsession (and it is an obsession) on our trip through Atlanta last weekend. The planes overhead were a great distraction.
I've been tapping into Lucas's love of helping me a lot lately. I ask him to pick up toys, throw trash (or his wet diaper) in the trash can, and even put the silverware away. (He can't see over the drawer, so the silverware gets piled into one corner, but I don't mind!) Today, I handed him a pair of Daddy's socks and asked him to put them on our bed. He joyfully took the pair, jaunted down the hall and put the socks God knows where. I'm sure we'll find them, one day. I'm sure his desire to help around the house will wear off one day, but hopefully the discipline will stick. I'm all about kids helping around the house. I may be the Momma, but I'm not a maid!
Lucas has become very particular lately. He points his chubby little finger and says "heer" to tell us exactly where he wants something (or someone) to go. "Heer", pointing to the high chair tray when I'm serving him food; "heer", finger on his shoulder asking for lotion to be rubbed after the bath. It's quite funny actually. Rather high maintenance for a 20 month old, don't you think? But I comply because it's just so darn cute. Speaking of cute, today I taught Lucas to point to his chest and say "I'm cute". He's got the "cute" part down, but the "I'm" and the timing of the point will take a little more practice.
I've been tapping into Lucas's love of helping me a lot lately. I ask him to pick up toys, throw trash (or his wet diaper) in the trash can, and even put the silverware away. (He can't see over the drawer, so the silverware gets piled into one corner, but I don't mind!) Today, I handed him a pair of Daddy's socks and asked him to put them on our bed. He joyfully took the pair, jaunted down the hall and put the socks God knows where. I'm sure we'll find them, one day. I'm sure his desire to help around the house will wear off one day, but hopefully the discipline will stick. I'm all about kids helping around the house. I may be the Momma, but I'm not a maid!
Lucas has become very particular lately. He points his chubby little finger and says "heer" to tell us exactly where he wants something (or someone) to go. "Heer", pointing to the high chair tray when I'm serving him food; "heer", finger on his shoulder asking for lotion to be rubbed after the bath. It's quite funny actually. Rather high maintenance for a 20 month old, don't you think? But I comply because it's just so darn cute. Speaking of cute, today I taught Lucas to point to his chest and say "I'm cute". He's got the "cute" part down, but the "I'm" and the timing of the point will take a little more practice.
Comments