So, I guess I have a little catching up to do. Now that Lucas is 10 months old, I am reminded of how quickly he is growing up. Friday night, the three of us went to Joe Muggs for a Frappe and our weekly magazine reading, and Lucas caught the attention of a nearby mom who was holding her 1 month old. As they waved to each other (Lucas and the Mom), I was flooded with memories of my newborn baby. Just to prove how "big" he is getting, here's the latest info on Lucas.
A third tooth arrived this week, proudly displaying itself with little fuss (thank goodness). I can't remember the exact name of this particular tooth, but it is located to the right of the top middle teeth. We are (not so eagerly) awaiting three more teeth that are barely hiding behind the gums. I say not so eagerly, simply because teething is rather painful, but I am looking forward to Lucas being able to eat more table food. He is still eating Gerber stage 2 and 3 fruits and veggies, along with crackers and puffs. He appears to be interested in our food, but when we give it to him, Lucas will either turn his head or throw up before he can swallow it. He is quite the stubborn child.
I have decided to start weaning Lucas. My goal is to have him completely weaned from me and his bottle by his first birthday. I must confess, I am a bit overwhelmed at the task at hand, so any sage advice would be appreciated.
Matt and I are quickly realizing just how difficult and vital consistancy is in parenting when it comes to discipline. Here's an example. For those of you who have been to our house, you know that we have our pots and pans placed on a wire shelf next to our cabinets. We decided to teach Lucas not to touch them instead of trying to put them into cabinets that have no room. A firm "no!" and a possible hand pop have so far detered him, until a few nights ago. Lucas was particularly determined to pull on the shelves that night, so Matt was having to tell him "no" over and over again. After about 10 minutes of saying no, removing Lucas from the area only to have him come right back, Matt popped Lucas's hand. And he laughed. Matt did it again. Lucas only laughed harder. He thought it was a game!! Naturally, we were having to contain our laughter at his stubborness, but it was really hard! Finally, we were able to distract him, but we both agreed that consistency is the only way we are going to win the battle. Any advice on this matter would be appreciated too.
A third tooth arrived this week, proudly displaying itself with little fuss (thank goodness). I can't remember the exact name of this particular tooth, but it is located to the right of the top middle teeth. We are (not so eagerly) awaiting three more teeth that are barely hiding behind the gums. I say not so eagerly, simply because teething is rather painful, but I am looking forward to Lucas being able to eat more table food. He is still eating Gerber stage 2 and 3 fruits and veggies, along with crackers and puffs. He appears to be interested in our food, but when we give it to him, Lucas will either turn his head or throw up before he can swallow it. He is quite the stubborn child.
I have decided to start weaning Lucas. My goal is to have him completely weaned from me and his bottle by his first birthday. I must confess, I am a bit overwhelmed at the task at hand, so any sage advice would be appreciated.
Matt and I are quickly realizing just how difficult and vital consistancy is in parenting when it comes to discipline. Here's an example. For those of you who have been to our house, you know that we have our pots and pans placed on a wire shelf next to our cabinets. We decided to teach Lucas not to touch them instead of trying to put them into cabinets that have no room. A firm "no!" and a possible hand pop have so far detered him, until a few nights ago. Lucas was particularly determined to pull on the shelves that night, so Matt was having to tell him "no" over and over again. After about 10 minutes of saying no, removing Lucas from the area only to have him come right back, Matt popped Lucas's hand. And he laughed. Matt did it again. Lucas only laughed harder. He thought it was a game!! Naturally, we were having to contain our laughter at his stubborness, but it was really hard! Finally, we were able to distract him, but we both agreed that consistency is the only way we are going to win the battle. Any advice on this matter would be appreciated too.
Comments