I have nothing profound to say. Nothing that would impress anyone. I feel foolish. Swept up in nosalgic thoughts and sounds. Familiar words swirling around me from the computer speakers. Sounds once heard daily, now revived as I brush the dust off. Lyrics and tunes, all which bring me back to a time when life appeared to be so complicated and yet now seems embarassingly simple. I chased so many dreams back then, fervently hoping that someone would see something in me worth holding onto. So pure, so clean. Totally untouched by life's hardship and pain. The reality of grief, fear, doubt, even death seemingly a lifetime away. But the tide did come in. And I was swept up in grief, fear, doubt and death. I learned how to stretch my weak muscles and scramble to survive. I learned to depend on the One for my next breath. Stripped of my pride, my dignity, I had to face the One who is all Truth and Power. The One who gives life and brings death. The One who took my dad yet gave me my son.
He is my Life and my Salvation
whom have I to fear
in His secret place i'll hide and pray
that I might hear a simple word
o, how I would have dispaired
if You had not come found me there
i can lean against Your throne and find my peace
find my peace
and when my enemies draw near
i pray that they will find
that i'm protected and secure
all temptest He will bind with a mighty word
o, how i would have dispaired
if You had not come found me there
i can lean against Your throne and find my peace
find my peace
He is my Light and my Salvation whom have i to fear?
-JenKnapp 1999
He is my Life and my Salvation
whom have I to fear
in His secret place i'll hide and pray
that I might hear a simple word
o, how I would have dispaired
if You had not come found me there
i can lean against Your throne and find my peace
find my peace
and when my enemies draw near
i pray that they will find
that i'm protected and secure
all temptest He will bind with a mighty word
o, how i would have dispaired
if You had not come found me there
i can lean against Your throne and find my peace
find my peace
He is my Light and my Salvation whom have i to fear?
-JenKnapp 1999
Comments
What you wrote in Bold Italics was beautiful. Before I read the last line I thought someone famous had written it. But you did! It's beautiful to see your heart and the expression of it! You are beautiful in so many ways!