Yesterday afternoon, I decided to take Lucas out for a quick run to Michaels where I was sufficiently intimidated by the scrapbooking aisles and awed by the christmas ribbon sale. I stayed too long, leaving me with a cranky baby who was ready to eat. I managed to get home before full blown tears began where I let Annie, our precious pooch, into the house. Immediately I spotted blood under her coat on her back. A brief examination found a large horizontal cut with lots of blood. My first reaction was to panic; Matt was working in Greenville and not due back for several more hours, Lucas was starving and Annie was hurt. A quick prayer helped me to focus and call the vet who said to bring her in immediately. The next call was to my in-laws asking them to watch Lucas. Annie eagerly jumped into the front seat of the car, sliding around on the leather seats. She loves a car ride. Lucas patiently sat in his carseat, a true answer to prayer. Just a mile down the road, I noticed the fuel light had come on. Surely it is just a warning, right? Another quick prayer and we arrived at Steve and Nancy's. Directions given, I herded Annie back into the car and raced to the vet's office. We had a brief struggle on the scales and then with the thermometer, but overall Annie was a total sweetheart. As we sat in the patient's room waiting for the doctor, Annie curled up beside me and even tried to sit in my lap. The doctor came in and after two seconds of examination said that tomorrow she would need stiches and would have to be put to sleep for the procedure. Knowing that we can provide the best care, I opted to bring her home for the night. We left the office, Annie panting excitedly about another ride in the car and went to go pick up Lucas. Back in the car, everyone was crying (or trying not too) as the stress of the afternoon eased over us and the fuel light continued blinking. We made it home in one piece and Annie left out early this morning with her Daddy having no clue the discomfort that lies ahead. What a champ.
Guess what? I'm taking steps today to get just a little closer to my dream. We're off to the gym in a little bit to keep working towards losing those 38 pounds. I'm also working on a plan to sell specialty homemade cheesecakes during the holidays. Doing something I love and making some extra money for the people I love. Pretty great stuff!
Comments