Well, I have learned a very important lesson this week. You see, last week I caught a terrible sinus infection. Terrible headache, stuffy nose, watery eyes, sneezing.... you get the idea. I decided to wait it out, suffer through, because I didn't want to take any meds that could possibly harm the baby.
Well that turned out to be a bad idea. This week I started having really sharp upper back pain. I felt sore and stiff in my shoulders and neck. Apparently the infection has settled into my lungs. The weirdest part was that yesterday, I started feeling pain in my jaw and teeth. After a little research online, I found out that there is a sinus cavity located under the cheekbones which can become infected causing pain in the jaw and teeth. Strange, I know. I finally broke down and called the doctor on Tuesday. After receiving a nice, little lecture from the nurse about waiting too long to call, she called in a prescription for a Z-pack and told me to also take Tylenol Sinus.
So now I'm on the third day of the antibiotic and I don't feel any better. Should I call the doctor again? I don't want to be one of those women who calls her OB all of the time, but I should be feeling better by now, right? I even left work today at 9:00am because I was feeling so bad. You know what, I've just come to a decision. Even if there is nothing that they can do to help, I think that I should call. We are about to start a long weekend (woohoo) and I don't want to bother Dr. Duniho when he is not at work. I've learned my lesson, and yes I'm going to call.
Let this be a lesson to you.... never let a sinus infection go without at least contacting your doctor.
Love and sniffles,
Sara
Well that turned out to be a bad idea. This week I started having really sharp upper back pain. I felt sore and stiff in my shoulders and neck. Apparently the infection has settled into my lungs. The weirdest part was that yesterday, I started feeling pain in my jaw and teeth. After a little research online, I found out that there is a sinus cavity located under the cheekbones which can become infected causing pain in the jaw and teeth. Strange, I know. I finally broke down and called the doctor on Tuesday. After receiving a nice, little lecture from the nurse about waiting too long to call, she called in a prescription for a Z-pack and told me to also take Tylenol Sinus.
So now I'm on the third day of the antibiotic and I don't feel any better. Should I call the doctor again? I don't want to be one of those women who calls her OB all of the time, but I should be feeling better by now, right? I even left work today at 9:00am because I was feeling so bad. You know what, I've just come to a decision. Even if there is nothing that they can do to help, I think that I should call. We are about to start a long weekend (woohoo) and I don't want to bother Dr. Duniho when he is not at work. I've learned my lesson, and yes I'm going to call.
Let this be a lesson to you.... never let a sinus infection go without at least contacting your doctor.
Love and sniffles,
Sara
Comments