I'm afraid a couple of weeks have passed since my last post. I hope you haven't given up on me. It's been a whirlwind lately. Why don't I start with today and try to work back, okay? First off, it's totally gorgeous today! Have you been outside yet? Today our church, New Spring, celebrated its 5th year anniversary! We had two services at the Anderson Civic Center and over 4700 people attended! The band was on fire, even performing a Black-Eyed Peas song complete with a christian rapper from Atlanta! (By the way, Black Eyed Peas is a band, for those of you none twenty-somethings.) I wish I could feel the baby move because I know that he was dancing! The sermon was titled "Overdrive" and yes, there was a Dodge Viper parked down front. Something that Perry said really struck me. Lately, I've felt like I'm living life like a hamster, gettting in the wheel (my job) every morning only to run my heart out and yet go no where. God wants more for my life and so do I.
Matt is playing drums right now with the youth band for what may be the last time for a while. Don't worry, they didn't fire him. The original drummer just needed a break, so Matt was filling in. I've spent my afternoon on the phone with my best friend, Kathryn, and one of my dear sisters Amy. And I actually took a walk! I'm starting to feel a tiny bit better now that I've cruised into the 2nd trimester, so I decided to take advantage of the energy boost and take a walk. I can already hear some of you now, "I hope you didn't push yourself too hard!" Don't worry, if I'm able to talk on the phone while I walk, then I am definately not pushing it!
Matt and I went to the doctor this past Monday for a check up. Mom and baby are fine. We in fact, had the awesome opportunity to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. Wow! The doppler even picked up on the sound of the baby moving. Pretty cool stuff. I'm pleased to admit that I have gained 5 pounds during the first trimester, which the doctor said was right on target. (Yes, I'll admit to a weight gain. This is the only time in my life that I get to be proud of a few extra pounds!) Our doctor also told us that as the big day draws near, he will be giving us his cell phone so that we will call him directly when I go into labor. Talk about an act of love. Most women have to rotate doctors among the practice and the doctor on call delivers the baby. We are so blessed with Dr. Duniho.
My boss is starting to have "the big talks" with me about my furture. She pulled me into her office on Friday and asked me if I knew yet my plans for the fall. Of course, in my heart, I want more than anything to stay home with our little one. I can't tell her that because I need to be employed when I have the baby so that insurance will cover. It's a tricky situation. But I know it will all work out.
Well, I hope you feel caught up with a tiny view of our life. I promise not to disappear again.
love,
Sara
Matt is playing drums right now with the youth band for what may be the last time for a while. Don't worry, they didn't fire him. The original drummer just needed a break, so Matt was filling in. I've spent my afternoon on the phone with my best friend, Kathryn, and one of my dear sisters Amy. And I actually took a walk! I'm starting to feel a tiny bit better now that I've cruised into the 2nd trimester, so I decided to take advantage of the energy boost and take a walk. I can already hear some of you now, "I hope you didn't push yourself too hard!" Don't worry, if I'm able to talk on the phone while I walk, then I am definately not pushing it!
Matt and I went to the doctor this past Monday for a check up. Mom and baby are fine. We in fact, had the awesome opportunity to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. Wow! The doppler even picked up on the sound of the baby moving. Pretty cool stuff. I'm pleased to admit that I have gained 5 pounds during the first trimester, which the doctor said was right on target. (Yes, I'll admit to a weight gain. This is the only time in my life that I get to be proud of a few extra pounds!) Our doctor also told us that as the big day draws near, he will be giving us his cell phone so that we will call him directly when I go into labor. Talk about an act of love. Most women have to rotate doctors among the practice and the doctor on call delivers the baby. We are so blessed with Dr. Duniho.
My boss is starting to have "the big talks" with me about my furture. She pulled me into her office on Friday and asked me if I knew yet my plans for the fall. Of course, in my heart, I want more than anything to stay home with our little one. I can't tell her that because I need to be employed when I have the baby so that insurance will cover. It's a tricky situation. But I know it will all work out.
Well, I hope you feel caught up with a tiny view of our life. I promise not to disappear again.
love,
Sara
Comments