Skip to main content

Ice, Scrabble, and Japanese Shrimp

Well, we survived the winter storm. Matt and I enjoyed the chance to spend a Saturday together, a rare occurance indeed. We spent most of Saturday in the house using our fireplace for the first time and lounging around. We did venture out in the snow, once to Bi-Lo and then to hang out with friends. Ken, Meg, and Gardner live just a couple streets over. They have become very dear friends of ours and we always enjoy hanging out with them. Matt won the Scrabble game with a clever use of "it" and "trig" on a triple word square. I think my favorite part was watching Gardner play. What a great laugh! Matt and I both have loved watching him grow and change over the past 4 months. Being around Gardner makes us even more anxious and ready for our little one to arrive! I know that our house isn't ready and we haven't bought the first baby item, but to be able to hold our baby right now would just be the greatest thing!

Tonight we decided to sucumb to one of my more expensive cravings.....Japanese food. Yum! We had Hibachi Shrimp at Osaka's! Oh my it was good! For the past 3 weeks or so, I have had so many food aversions that we have been eating lots of Shells and Cheese and Lipton Sides. Just being in the grocery store makes me gag. Poor Matt, he has probably lost 5 pounds this month just because I haven't felt like cooking. I would love any food suggestions that you might have!

Well, we're back to work tomorrow. The ice is gone and there is no reason to cancel school. Our next OB appointment is Tuesday and we get to see our little one again. :) Ah, the gift of modern technology.

Sara :)

Comments

ken said…
The more I think of it, the more I contend that "trig" is not, in fact, a word, but an abbreviation of "trigonometry." I would hold that, if I had not looked up "trig" at dictionary.com and found this:



7 entries found for trig.
trig1 Audio pronunciation of "trig" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (trg)
adj.
1. Smart and trim, as in appearance; neat.
2. Being in good condition.
tr.v. trigged, trig·ging, trigs
To make trim or neat, especially in dress.


I concede the victory to Mr. Alexander. I'll get you next time.
Anonymous said…
Looking for information and found it at this great site...
» »

Popular posts from this blog

Baby steps

Guess what? I'm taking steps today to get just a little closer to my dream. We're off to the gym in a little bit to keep working towards losing those 38 pounds. I'm also working on a plan to sell specialty homemade cheesecakes during the holidays. Doing something I love and making some extra money for the people I love. Pretty great stuff!

Special K

I have developed a rather fond relationship with Kellogg's Special K Vanilla Almond. Low in fat (only 1.5 g) and made with whole grains, I eat this tasty treat as a meal and a snack. I'm eating some right now. Special thanks to Kat for introducing me to this delightful cereal. Our local Ingles has been running it on sale this past week, 2 for $4, so I stocked up. The milk is even on sale too, 2 for $5, making this treat yummy and affordable. Sweet, crispy flakes and crunchy almonds. What more could a girl ask for. By the way, you should go to Ingles. Everything is on sale. I picked up some lean ground beef today for $1.38 per pound. Now that's good for the budget. Low prices + good food = happy housewife

Let's go shopping at Aldi's!

If you're shopping at Aldi's this week, I recommend that you stock up on Eggs and Milk! Seriously, a dozen eggs for $1.09 and Milk for $2.19! The price of beef may have gone up, but I'm loving the other staples we get from a cow! I bought 4 dozen eggs this week. Overkill for sure, but when our family eats eggs, we usually eat 7 in one setting! Eggs and toast are a staple breakfast in our house - we eat that at least 4 times a week! It's fast and filling and cheap! If you're looking for something more exciting to do with your eggs, try making a breakfast casserole! I love this casserole from Ree, the Pioneer Woman. Everything she makes is delightful, but this recipe is especially great! As with most recipes, I tweaked it a bit to fit our tastes. For all of his perfect aspects, my handsome husband does not eat mushrooms. This could have been a deal breaker for me 13 years ago, but then I saw his drummer toned legs and I decided to look past his misjudgment! No ...