Skip to main content

Ava's Story

Since Lucas was a toddler, I've been making up stories for him, either before bed or whenever I needed to keep his attention and I was too tired to play trains. Our stories typically revolve around whatever interests him at the time, so we've covered snakes, dinosaurs, Buzz Lightyear, and "kill-off" whales. Our stories almost always include the same set of special friends, Sammy, Jenny, Lightbulb, Flashlight, and Flipflop. Sammy and Jenny are ducks and I'm not sure what the other three characters are supposed to be! This crazy crew has gone on quite a few adventures and typically gets into a lot of trouble!

What I love the most about storytelling with Lucas is watching his imagination take off as he creates story lines and plots. His creativity knows no limits as he artfully crafts his stories! I love praising him and seeing that innocent joy on his face as he soaks it in!

Tonight, as I was getting Lucas and Ava ready for bed, I told a story about a princess, a prince, and a dancing T-Rex named "T-diddy". They laughed as their characters sang songs and played the drums while befriending the grumpy giant next door.

Much to my delight, Ava asked if she could make up a story! This was the first time she's ever asked! Here is Ava's story! (I'll do my best to recreate it for you!)

"Once upon a time, there was a princess who lived in the forest with her beautiful ponies. A bad monster came and ate the ponies. The ponies were sad so Princess Ava sang them a song, and they were happy. Their feet were broken and they couldn't walk. The End."


Isn't that just adorable!?! My girl has a great imagination! I'm so excited to start this new chapter of creativity with Ava! Typically she asks for one of two different Bible stories at night - Jonah or Jesus's Birthday. My favorite part of Jesus's birthday is when Ava says, "He was born in a dirty barn!"

Can you tell I'm enjoying Mommyhood!?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby steps

Guess what? I'm taking steps today to get just a little closer to my dream. We're off to the gym in a little bit to keep working towards losing those 38 pounds. I'm also working on a plan to sell specialty homemade cheesecakes during the holidays. Doing something I love and making some extra money for the people I love. Pretty great stuff!

Special K

I have developed a rather fond relationship with Kellogg's Special K Vanilla Almond. Low in fat (only 1.5 g) and made with whole grains, I eat this tasty treat as a meal and a snack. I'm eating some right now. Special thanks to Kat for introducing me to this delightful cereal. Our local Ingles has been running it on sale this past week, 2 for $4, so I stocked up. The milk is even on sale too, 2 for $5, making this treat yummy and affordable. Sweet, crispy flakes and crunchy almonds. What more could a girl ask for. By the way, you should go to Ingles. Everything is on sale. I picked up some lean ground beef today for $1.38 per pound. Now that's good for the budget. Low prices + good food = happy housewife

Let's go shopping at Aldi's!

If you're shopping at Aldi's this week, I recommend that you stock up on Eggs and Milk! Seriously, a dozen eggs for $1.09 and Milk for $2.19! The price of beef may have gone up, but I'm loving the other staples we get from a cow! I bought 4 dozen eggs this week. Overkill for sure, but when our family eats eggs, we usually eat 7 in one setting! Eggs and toast are a staple breakfast in our house - we eat that at least 4 times a week! It's fast and filling and cheap! If you're looking for something more exciting to do with your eggs, try making a breakfast casserole! I love this casserole from Ree, the Pioneer Woman. Everything she makes is delightful, but this recipe is especially great! As with most recipes, I tweaked it a bit to fit our tastes. For all of his perfect aspects, my handsome husband does not eat mushrooms. This could have been a deal breaker for me 13 years ago, but then I saw his drummer toned legs and I decided to look past his misjudgment! No ...