Skip to main content

At Home

Tonight, Ava helped me make baby food for Wyatt! Green beans and sweet potatoes! Over the years, I have found that making my own baby food is not only cost effective, it's super easy! Seriously, I popped a few sweet potatoes in the oven for an hour, blended them up in my mini-food chopper, and here they are!

I like to store my baby food in canning jars! They are just so pretty! Green peas, which I buy frozen and them steam, are the prettiest! A gorgeous shade of green!

This is just one way I try to be resourceful and save money for our family. I'm so passionate about being a stay at home mom, and I'm willing to do what I can to contribute to our family. I'm honored that my husband supports my passion and works so hard so I can be with our kids.

Couponing is another way I feel like I "earn income" for our family. I am by no means a super-couponer, but on average I try to save 50% at the grocery store.

I truly believe with all my heart that if you too want to be a stay at home mom, it is possible. You have to be willing to focus on what's truly important and not get distracted by things that feel important in the moment. It's all about a change in perspective and a willingness to do what it takes to make it happen.

I wouldn't trade my time at home with Lucas, Ava, and Wyatt for a million dollars. I was fortunate enough to be raised by a Mom who stayed home full time and for that, I am eternally grateful. I believe that our time together while I was growing up directly impacts how close we are today. I treasure the memories of her picking me up from school, with a freshly made snack waiting in the car, talking about my day all the way home. My Mom was (and still is) a great listener, and I told her (almost) everything! :)

My prayer is that my time at home, while grueling and mundane at times, will reap huge rewards one day. I'm so thankful for this time to nurture, mold and invest into my children.

Comments

Molly Flanagan said…
look at all of ava's hair! she is getting so big! wonderful words yet again! xo

Popular posts from this blog

Baby steps

Guess what? I'm taking steps today to get just a little closer to my dream. We're off to the gym in a little bit to keep working towards losing those 38 pounds. I'm also working on a plan to sell specialty homemade cheesecakes during the holidays. Doing something I love and making some extra money for the people I love. Pretty great stuff!

Special K

I have developed a rather fond relationship with Kellogg's Special K Vanilla Almond. Low in fat (only 1.5 g) and made with whole grains, I eat this tasty treat as a meal and a snack. I'm eating some right now. Special thanks to Kat for introducing me to this delightful cereal. Our local Ingles has been running it on sale this past week, 2 for $4, so I stocked up. The milk is even on sale too, 2 for $5, making this treat yummy and affordable. Sweet, crispy flakes and crunchy almonds. What more could a girl ask for. By the way, you should go to Ingles. Everything is on sale. I picked up some lean ground beef today for $1.38 per pound. Now that's good for the budget. Low prices + good food = happy housewife

Let's go shopping at Aldi's!

If you're shopping at Aldi's this week, I recommend that you stock up on Eggs and Milk! Seriously, a dozen eggs for $1.09 and Milk for $2.19! The price of beef may have gone up, but I'm loving the other staples we get from a cow! I bought 4 dozen eggs this week. Overkill for sure, but when our family eats eggs, we usually eat 7 in one setting! Eggs and toast are a staple breakfast in our house - we eat that at least 4 times a week! It's fast and filling and cheap! If you're looking for something more exciting to do with your eggs, try making a breakfast casserole! I love this casserole from Ree, the Pioneer Woman. Everything she makes is delightful, but this recipe is especially great! As with most recipes, I tweaked it a bit to fit our tastes. For all of his perfect aspects, my handsome husband does not eat mushrooms. This could have been a deal breaker for me 13 years ago, but then I saw his drummer toned legs and I decided to look past his misjudgment! No ...