I have to be honest and admit that my attitude during this pregnancy has been less than pleasant. I've felt every ache and pain, and made sure everyone around me heard about it. I gripped about the morning sickness that felt like it would never end. I wished each day would go faster as my tummy grew and I felt more and more discomfort. Each new stretch marked was noticed and complained about. The lack of energy, swollen feet and aching back all gave me ammunition to be a grumpy-gus.
I'm not exactly proud of my attitude. My poor family has put up with a lot. My doctor even reminded me a few appointments back to savor this pregnancy instead of wishing it would go by faster.
So with all this complaining and wishing the negative thoughts away, I had the strangest feelings of sadness today.
It's almost over.
In 16 days or less, I will no longer be pregnant. Never again will I feel a tiny life growing, wiggling, and kicking inside of me. I have had the privilege of being a part of God's creation story for the third and final time. What a humbling honor it has been. A gift. A true miracle.
I'm suddenly regretting my negative attitude and list of complaints. I have to wonder, did I enjoy it enough? Did I savor the thrill and joy of this long journey? I don't know how to answer those questions and others which sift thru my heart; but I do know that over the past 9 months I have fallen in love with a little boy. A little boy whom I will be meeting very soon. And I can't wait to tell him what a miracle he is. I can't wait to rub my cheek against his and whisper how much I love him in his ear. I can't wait to tell him that our God loves him even more than I do.
So for those reasons, I will go to bed tonight wishing that it was time to rush to the hospital and meet our new son.
I'm not exactly proud of my attitude. My poor family has put up with a lot. My doctor even reminded me a few appointments back to savor this pregnancy instead of wishing it would go by faster.
So with all this complaining and wishing the negative thoughts away, I had the strangest feelings of sadness today.
It's almost over.
In 16 days or less, I will no longer be pregnant. Never again will I feel a tiny life growing, wiggling, and kicking inside of me. I have had the privilege of being a part of God's creation story for the third and final time. What a humbling honor it has been. A gift. A true miracle.
I'm suddenly regretting my negative attitude and list of complaints. I have to wonder, did I enjoy it enough? Did I savor the thrill and joy of this long journey? I don't know how to answer those questions and others which sift thru my heart; but I do know that over the past 9 months I have fallen in love with a little boy. A little boy whom I will be meeting very soon. And I can't wait to tell him what a miracle he is. I can't wait to rub my cheek against his and whisper how much I love him in his ear. I can't wait to tell him that our God loves him even more than I do.
So for those reasons, I will go to bed tonight wishing that it was time to rush to the hospital and meet our new son.
Comments