Skip to main content

Two Times is Enough for Me!

Over the past couple weeks, Lucas decided to test his new found strength and jump out of his crib! One large bump on the head and lots of crocodile tears later, Matt and I decided that it was time for a "big boy bed". Back when we first purchased our crib, we bought one that will convert from a crib to a toddler bed to a full bed. My plan had been to by pass the toddler bed and put Lucas straight into a double. However, our plans are on hold right now as we are trying to figure out when and where we are going to move. With the new baby on the way and Matt's business growing, it's time to find a larger home. 1200 square feet is not a lot of space when you put in two adults, two children, a dog and a growing home business that operates out of our kitchen. We are still getting all the details together, but there are lots of home projects to be done before we can put out that exciting "For Sale by Owner" in our front yard. The past three nights in his "big boy bed" (we converted the crib to the toddler bed) have gone great! I can't say the same about nap time however. I'm not sure how to get him to sleep during the day when his toys are so accessible. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

By the way, I'm 15 1/2 weeks now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby steps

Guess what? I'm taking steps today to get just a little closer to my dream. We're off to the gym in a little bit to keep working towards losing those 38 pounds. I'm also working on a plan to sell specialty homemade cheesecakes during the holidays. Doing something I love and making some extra money for the people I love. Pretty great stuff!

Special K

I have developed a rather fond relationship with Kellogg's Special K Vanilla Almond. Low in fat (only 1.5 g) and made with whole grains, I eat this tasty treat as a meal and a snack. I'm eating some right now. Special thanks to Kat for introducing me to this delightful cereal. Our local Ingles has been running it on sale this past week, 2 for $4, so I stocked up. The milk is even on sale too, 2 for $5, making this treat yummy and affordable. Sweet, crispy flakes and crunchy almonds. What more could a girl ask for. By the way, you should go to Ingles. Everything is on sale. I picked up some lean ground beef today for $1.38 per pound. Now that's good for the budget. Low prices + good food = happy housewife

Let's go shopping at Aldi's!

If you're shopping at Aldi's this week, I recommend that you stock up on Eggs and Milk! Seriously, a dozen eggs for $1.09 and Milk for $2.19! The price of beef may have gone up, but I'm loving the other staples we get from a cow! I bought 4 dozen eggs this week. Overkill for sure, but when our family eats eggs, we usually eat 7 in one setting! Eggs and toast are a staple breakfast in our house - we eat that at least 4 times a week! It's fast and filling and cheap! If you're looking for something more exciting to do with your eggs, try making a breakfast casserole! I love this casserole from Ree, the Pioneer Woman. Everything she makes is delightful, but this recipe is especially great! As with most recipes, I tweaked it a bit to fit our tastes. For all of his perfect aspects, my handsome husband does not eat mushrooms. This could have been a deal breaker for me 13 years ago, but then I saw his drummer toned legs and I decided to look past his misjudgment! No ...