We did it! Matt and I (finally) had our first weekend away from Lucas! And I don't think he even missed us! After spending two weeks searching Bed and Breakfast Online, we finally decided upon the Foxtrot, a cozy chalet nestled in the mountains surrounding Gatlinburg, TN. It was our first time staying at a B&B, and since we're not "formal, stuffy, antique" kind of people, I was hoping the Foxtrot would meet our needs of a beautiful, relaxing home with all the special amenities. Well it did, sort of. Our room was wonderful, and the innkeepers went to great lengths to make our stay special - turn down service at night, chocolates on the bed, unlimited teas and coffee, access to their library, and the best hot chocolate ever! Unfortunately, my never-ending morning sickness led to nights of insomnia which led to Matt sleeping in the closet then in the jacuzzi bathtub (wow, that was a funny sight)! Definitely not the relaxing weekend we were hoping for! The time together did, however, remind me of when we were dating, so that made the lack of sleep, long drive, and stuffy innkeepers totally worth it!
This week has been exciting because we heard our baby's heartbeat for the first time! The doctor added to my suspicions that we're having a boy when he heard the slow rhythm of the beat. I teased Dr. Duniho by calling him a liar after he had told us at our last visit that my morning sickness would soon be getting better.
Lucas is continuing to make us laugh everyday with something new he says. My favorite right now is when L walks up to me and says "Me want to hold you, please". I melt every time!
This week has been exciting because we heard our baby's heartbeat for the first time! The doctor added to my suspicions that we're having a boy when he heard the slow rhythm of the beat. I teased Dr. Duniho by calling him a liar after he had told us at our last visit that my morning sickness would soon be getting better.
Lucas is continuing to make us laugh everyday with something new he says. My favorite right now is when L walks up to me and says "Me want to hold you, please". I melt every time!
Comments