The past few weeks have been pretty crazy for me. I started Bob Greene's "Best New Life" diet and have lost 3 pounds so far. But more imporatantly, I have opened my palate to new and exciting foods such as Soymilk smoothies, Pita Bread with Hummus (my favorite snack), whole wheat waffles, whole wheat pasta, and ground turkey meat. I love all of the changes in my diet; I simply feel so much better. Matt hasn't embraced the changes as easily, so I'm slowly dragging him into it. Don't get me wrong -- I have been consumming way too much Easter candy the past few days, so I'm far from perfect with it comes to the diet.
I also started and quit my first "real" part-time job in almost 2 years! About a month ago, I overwhelmingly felt that I needed to get out of the house and earn some money. I took a job working in the childcare at our local YMCA where we exercise. I quickly learned that Lucas was not ready for me to start working. He was able to go with me, which probably made it harder, since now he had to share Mommy with 30 other kids! I saw temper tantrums and crying fits like I've never seen before. Three weeks into it, I decided that it isn't worth it. He'll learn to share me when we have another baby. And I have plenty of friends to see during the week to fulfill my need to "get out" of the house. I have to work through the end of the month (bummer), but at least I can say I gave it 6 weeks.
Matt is working on a big job for our local government. I'm pretty excited about it, although I don't always enjoy using my hallway for storage space! I'm so thankful for the way God is working in our lives. He is teaching us some pretty cool things and blessing us along the way.
Easter was wonderful! Newspring had over 10,000 people in attendance! We ate lunch with Matt's parents and Lucas hunted eggs! I'll post pictures as soon as I can get the program to work. It isn't allowing me to post right now for some reason. Hopefully Matt can fix that for me.
I also started and quit my first "real" part-time job in almost 2 years! About a month ago, I overwhelmingly felt that I needed to get out of the house and earn some money. I took a job working in the childcare at our local YMCA where we exercise. I quickly learned that Lucas was not ready for me to start working. He was able to go with me, which probably made it harder, since now he had to share Mommy with 30 other kids! I saw temper tantrums and crying fits like I've never seen before. Three weeks into it, I decided that it isn't worth it. He'll learn to share me when we have another baby. And I have plenty of friends to see during the week to fulfill my need to "get out" of the house. I have to work through the end of the month (bummer), but at least I can say I gave it 6 weeks.
Matt is working on a big job for our local government. I'm pretty excited about it, although I don't always enjoy using my hallway for storage space! I'm so thankful for the way God is working in our lives. He is teaching us some pretty cool things and blessing us along the way.
Easter was wonderful! Newspring had over 10,000 people in attendance! We ate lunch with Matt's parents and Lucas hunted eggs! I'll post pictures as soon as I can get the program to work. It isn't allowing me to post right now for some reason. Hopefully Matt can fix that for me.
Comments