We are overcoming some sickness in our house this week. Monday afternoon, L woke up with a terrible cough. He's had sinus congestion for a few weeks, but since it had been running clear, I didn't think much of it. (Sorry for the gross image.) I called the doctor in a panic after hearing him gasp for breath in between the coughs. As usual, Dr. Treash asked a few questions and gave some creative advice. He told us to put Lucas's head in the freezer to allow him to breathe in the cold air. We didn't get to find out if it worked or not because Lucas let us know very quickly that he was not going to comply with the doctor's advice. I took him in the next morning and we left with a antibiotic. We stayed in most of the week, allowing Lucas plenty of time to recover. Friday morning, Matt and I took L in for his 18 month check up. Can you believe he's already 18 months?!?! I was so proud of him as he played in the office, wearing only his diaper, pushing his Tonka trucks across the floor. Lucas weighed in at 25 lbs and 3.5 oz (he had lost 6 oz. since our visit a few days earlier due to a decrease in appetite.) He is almost 32 inches tall, and his head continues to be bigger than his body! I like to blame Matt for passing that trait along!
We were excited to hear that Lucas is meeting his developmental milestones at the right time. His vocabulary now includes 16 words; "bird" and "no" are the newest words being said. He can stack up to 6 blocks, turn pages in a book, understand practically everything we say to him, and identify one body part (his head). Matt and I really appreciated the suggestions we received on making eating out more enjoyable. Dr. Dale suggested we keep a "restaurant bag" in our car with toys only for eating out. He also encouraged us to teach Lucas phrases like "no whining" and "no hitting". Both Matt and I feel that the lessons we've learned from our doctor and from practical experience over the last 18 months are invaluable. And if God choses to give us another child one day, which I hope He will, we will certainly be prepared!
Matt has stayed so busy with work this week. Thank you Jesus! We are almost too overwhelmed to take in all that is going on. This week we are heading down to Orlando for Matt to attend a work conference. Lucas and I will be enjoying the swimming pool and nearby shopping all week. I have just purchased the newest Karen Kingsbury book to enjoy on the drive down. Pray for us as we travel. It's going to be a long drive. And pray for me as I have come down with a virus. At least that is what the doctor I saw for 3 minutes this morning told me! Yeah, I said 3 minutes!!
Let me go off for a minute.... I woke up around 7:00 this morning feeling uncomfortable and achy. I had been sick all day yesterday with a sore throat and headache. I decided to take myself to Urgent Care because I knew that I needed to get better quickly with our trip this week. I waited for an hour and a half to see the doctor. Apparently I was already diagnosed before being seen because the man only spent 3 minutes in the room with me. (Yes, I watched the clock.) Fifteen minutes later, a nurse came in with a prescription and advice to rest and drink fluids. I left there with a bad attitude and a promise to never return. However, I am thankful for the sleep-inducing cough medicine he prescribed me, as now I am off to bed!
We were excited to hear that Lucas is meeting his developmental milestones at the right time. His vocabulary now includes 16 words; "bird" and "no" are the newest words being said. He can stack up to 6 blocks, turn pages in a book, understand practically everything we say to him, and identify one body part (his head). Matt and I really appreciated the suggestions we received on making eating out more enjoyable. Dr. Dale suggested we keep a "restaurant bag" in our car with toys only for eating out. He also encouraged us to teach Lucas phrases like "no whining" and "no hitting". Both Matt and I feel that the lessons we've learned from our doctor and from practical experience over the last 18 months are invaluable. And if God choses to give us another child one day, which I hope He will, we will certainly be prepared!
Matt has stayed so busy with work this week. Thank you Jesus! We are almost too overwhelmed to take in all that is going on. This week we are heading down to Orlando for Matt to attend a work conference. Lucas and I will be enjoying the swimming pool and nearby shopping all week. I have just purchased the newest Karen Kingsbury book to enjoy on the drive down. Pray for us as we travel. It's going to be a long drive. And pray for me as I have come down with a virus. At least that is what the doctor I saw for 3 minutes this morning told me! Yeah, I said 3 minutes!!
Let me go off for a minute.... I woke up around 7:00 this morning feeling uncomfortable and achy. I had been sick all day yesterday with a sore throat and headache. I decided to take myself to Urgent Care because I knew that I needed to get better quickly with our trip this week. I waited for an hour and a half to see the doctor. Apparently I was already diagnosed before being seen because the man only spent 3 minutes in the room with me. (Yes, I watched the clock.) Fifteen minutes later, a nurse came in with a prescription and advice to rest and drink fluids. I left there with a bad attitude and a promise to never return. However, I am thankful for the sleep-inducing cough medicine he prescribed me, as now I am off to bed!
Comments