Lucas got his first "shiner" today!! That's right, my precious baby has a black eye. He picked it up when playing at Chick-fil-a today with his friend Andrew. I took the boys out this morning for a change in scenery. The rainy day was making the boys (and myself) rather stir-crazy, so I strapped them into their carseats, and we headed to the best indoor playground in the area. Thirty minutes into the fun, I hear a scream and watch Lucas pick himself up off the floor after falling into the windowsill. We left soon after.
Somewhere along the past 17 months, I learned to let go of the belief that I could protect Lucas from every sharp edge, bumpy walk, and apparently windowsills! Matt helped me overcome my fears by sharing childhood stories of bumps and bruises and even bloody knees. Basically, it's all in Lucas's future, so I had better get ready for it.
We are still in the sometimes frustrating stage of dropping the first nap. I really thought it was going to happen at the beginning of the month, but then he fell back into his normal routine. We've started putting Lucas to bed much earlier, somewhere between 7:15 and 8:00 pm. It's nice to have our evenings back. Matt and I can watch a movie together or our favorite t.v. shows without feeling like we are staying up too late. The one downside is that Lucas is waking up earlier and getting tired much earlier. In fact, I think he would go to bed right now if we asked him. (It's only 6:45 right now). Yeah, we often ask him if he is ready for bed. And every single time we ask, Lucas puts down his toys and walks straight to his crib. I love that! Matt's mom even got it on film because most people don't believe us when we tell them!
We're having fun and loving our boy....he's the best!
Somewhere along the past 17 months, I learned to let go of the belief that I could protect Lucas from every sharp edge, bumpy walk, and apparently windowsills! Matt helped me overcome my fears by sharing childhood stories of bumps and bruises and even bloody knees. Basically, it's all in Lucas's future, so I had better get ready for it.
We are still in the sometimes frustrating stage of dropping the first nap. I really thought it was going to happen at the beginning of the month, but then he fell back into his normal routine. We've started putting Lucas to bed much earlier, somewhere between 7:15 and 8:00 pm. It's nice to have our evenings back. Matt and I can watch a movie together or our favorite t.v. shows without feeling like we are staying up too late. The one downside is that Lucas is waking up earlier and getting tired much earlier. In fact, I think he would go to bed right now if we asked him. (It's only 6:45 right now). Yeah, we often ask him if he is ready for bed. And every single time we ask, Lucas puts down his toys and walks straight to his crib. I love that! Matt's mom even got it on film because most people don't believe us when we tell them!
We're having fun and loving our boy....he's the best!
Comments