I love the way Lucas can find items to play with all over our house. Never mind the pile of toys in the den or nursery, Lucas is busy opening cabinet doors and pulling out objects that interest him. I sometimes wonder what is behind the choices he makes. For example, why did he just pull a plastic pitcher out when it was stacked beside shiney baking sheets? I love the way he is constantly jabbering. Sometimes really loud and other times to himself, Lucas always has a conversation going on. I've been so torn lately realizing that he is no longer a "baby", but fast becoming a toddler and my emtions are trying hard to catch up with that reality. At our one year check up last week, Dr. Treash kept reminding me that we need to stop thinking of him as a baby and essentially stop treating him that way. We are especially guilty of doing just that in the way we hold Lucas's sippy cup for him. I would like to say that Lucas simply has a hard time getting the milk out and that's why he won't hold the cup himself, but truthfully he has learned that he can get away with taking the easy road. (And we taught him that - oops!) I often feel that weight of the responsiblity of being a stay at home mom. Gotta run....I have a boy at my knees anxious for some Mommy attention.
Does anyone have a magic pill to cure whining??
Does anyone have a magic pill to cure whining??
Comments