I have to brag. I just can't help it. Let me tell you what my little man did last night. I fed Lucas at 10:00 last night and put him down around 11. Matt and I went to bed soon after and didn't wake up for 5, that's right -- count 'em 5 hours! I then fed Lucas again, put him back into his crib, and he slept for another 5 hours! Thank you Lord, we finally got some sleep! Granted, I am fully aware that this is not normal for a 10 day old baby and babies have a funny way of settling into a routine and switching it up suddenly. But I will take what I can get!
Today was a very special day for me. Lucas and I went on our first official outing without Daddy or Grandma along to help! And we were only 15 minutes late! I find that to be quite an accomplishment considering how much stuff a baby travels with and how I am routinely late even without a baby in tow! We spent the afternoon with our friends Meg and Gardner and Becky and Andrew. Seeing our three little boys together was quite an experience. Gardner, who will soon be turning one year old, cruised around the room, holding on to furniture and even took a couple steps for us; Andrew joyfully sqealed as he bounced on our laps and had tummy time; and my precious Lucas contendly slept in our arms and only soaked his little outfit twice! (We're having quite a time with leaky diapers!) The reality of how much Lucas will change during the next year was rather depressing and encouraging at the same time. Sad, because he won't need me so dramatically as he does now and encouraging because he won't need me so dramatically. I hope for many more afternoons of fellowship and girl time.
On a special note -- thank you to everyone who has been praying for us. Please don't stop; we are definately feeling them. The Lord has drawn near to us.
Goodnight,
Sara
Today was a very special day for me. Lucas and I went on our first official outing without Daddy or Grandma along to help! And we were only 15 minutes late! I find that to be quite an accomplishment considering how much stuff a baby travels with and how I am routinely late even without a baby in tow! We spent the afternoon with our friends Meg and Gardner and Becky and Andrew. Seeing our three little boys together was quite an experience. Gardner, who will soon be turning one year old, cruised around the room, holding on to furniture and even took a couple steps for us; Andrew joyfully sqealed as he bounced on our laps and had tummy time; and my precious Lucas contendly slept in our arms and only soaked his little outfit twice! (We're having quite a time with leaky diapers!) The reality of how much Lucas will change during the next year was rather depressing and encouraging at the same time. Sad, because he won't need me so dramatically as he does now and encouraging because he won't need me so dramatically. I hope for many more afternoons of fellowship and girl time.
On a special note -- thank you to everyone who has been praying for us. Please don't stop; we are definately feeling them. The Lord has drawn near to us.
Goodnight,
Sara
Comments
We love you guys, all three!
meg