I'm 39 weeks today! I've stopped working (praise God!) and now I am practicing being a stay at home mom. I spent yesterday running errands, spending quality time with a dear friend, and cleaning like crazy. It felt great to be busy. Exhausting, but great. Kind of took my mind off of "waiting." Well, not really. It's hard to escape the feelings of anticipation and eagerness when I have a 24/7 reminder.
Today has been the opposite of yesterday. I slept beautifully last night, which any woman who has ever been 9 months pregnant knows that a good night's rest can only be equated with an act of God. I've spent most of my day reading. I'm deeply engrossed in a christian fiction series by Karen Kingsbury and Gary Smalley. It's my mom's fault. She's the one who told me I just had to read these books. And boy was she right.
Tonight is Home Group and I am thrilled with the thought of being with friends. Especially such great friends. Such a beautiful reminder of a way that God has so richly blessed us.
I'm happy to say that my bags are packed (have been for a while), laundry is almost caught up, and the house is actually clean (I'm not very good with keeping a tidy house). So, little baby, the stage is set and we are all ready for your big entrance.........
love,
Sara
Today has been the opposite of yesterday. I slept beautifully last night, which any woman who has ever been 9 months pregnant knows that a good night's rest can only be equated with an act of God. I've spent most of my day reading. I'm deeply engrossed in a christian fiction series by Karen Kingsbury and Gary Smalley. It's my mom's fault. She's the one who told me I just had to read these books. And boy was she right.
Tonight is Home Group and I am thrilled with the thought of being with friends. Especially such great friends. Such a beautiful reminder of a way that God has so richly blessed us.
I'm happy to say that my bags are packed (have been for a while), laundry is almost caught up, and the house is actually clean (I'm not very good with keeping a tidy house). So, little baby, the stage is set and we are all ready for your big entrance.........
love,
Sara
Comments