I wish that I could freeze time for just a little while. I want to savor this wonderful season in our lives just a little longer without anyone else having a birthday, out growing shoes, and needing a new pair of pants! The month of August is "birthday" month here in the Alexander household, which means my baby is now 1 and our princess has turned 3. The king of the house will be celebrating another year next week, but I'll refrain from telling you just how old he is! (Okay, I'll tell you that he won't be 35 any more!)
The end of the summer is bringing about such bittersweet days as we prepare for Lucas to start Kindergarten next week! So far, neither one if us has cried yet, but the first day of school just might change that!
Wyatt has become very skilled at cruising furniture and "walking" with his walker. I know it won't be long before he is running after his big brother and sister! Wyatt's birthday meant so much to me as the chapter of intense babying came to a close and a new chapter of baby/toddler begins. I am so thankful to be out of the exhausting sleep training/ nursing phase and onto the exploration, learning phase of Wyatt's life. Just this week he has learned how much fun he has pulling all my books off the shelf! He also finds food a'la floor to be very tasty!
Ava is on the cusp of letting her sassiness all hang out and I'm terrified! I remember those 3 year old tantrums from Lucas and like a frightening summer storm, Ava let us know she has it in her just yesterday! Prayers for our sanity would be appreciated!
I feel like or at least hope so, that I've grown a little too this summer. I'm learning about God's faithfulness in teaching me lessons over and over until I finally catch on! I'm also learning the joy of obeying Him, even if it takes me a while to surrender! My parenting skills are being stretched as a shift has happened in my focus on parenting Lucas's heart and not just his behavior. It's pretty exciting and exhausting! I've quickly realized that "apart from God, I can do NOTHING!"
Our church is growing by leaps and bounds! I'm amazed, thankful and peace-filled in knowing that God has allowed us to be a part of this movement! What a loving, faithful God we serve!
Happy Friday everyone! I pray you have a blessed weekend! And if you get a chance, please check out this blog and pray for baby Jude!
The end of the summer is bringing about such bittersweet days as we prepare for Lucas to start Kindergarten next week! So far, neither one if us has cried yet, but the first day of school just might change that!
Wyatt has become very skilled at cruising furniture and "walking" with his walker. I know it won't be long before he is running after his big brother and sister! Wyatt's birthday meant so much to me as the chapter of intense babying came to a close and a new chapter of baby/toddler begins. I am so thankful to be out of the exhausting sleep training/ nursing phase and onto the exploration, learning phase of Wyatt's life. Just this week he has learned how much fun he has pulling all my books off the shelf! He also finds food a'la floor to be very tasty!
Ava is on the cusp of letting her sassiness all hang out and I'm terrified! I remember those 3 year old tantrums from Lucas and like a frightening summer storm, Ava let us know she has it in her just yesterday! Prayers for our sanity would be appreciated!
I feel like or at least hope so, that I've grown a little too this summer. I'm learning about God's faithfulness in teaching me lessons over and over until I finally catch on! I'm also learning the joy of obeying Him, even if it takes me a while to surrender! My parenting skills are being stretched as a shift has happened in my focus on parenting Lucas's heart and not just his behavior. It's pretty exciting and exhausting! I've quickly realized that "apart from God, I can do NOTHING!"
Our church is growing by leaps and bounds! I'm amazed, thankful and peace-filled in knowing that God has allowed us to be a part of this movement! What a loving, faithful God we serve!
Happy Friday everyone! I pray you have a blessed weekend! And if you get a chance, please check out this blog and pray for baby Jude!
Comments