My little boy is not so little anymore. Lucas no longer wants me to kiss every bump and bruise. He doesn't climb into my lap anymore or ask me to lay down with him at night. Instead, we play the Wii together and go on adventure walks around the neighborhood. We discuss things like lizards, and superheros and race cars. My boy can play in the pool without me and pick out his clothes and brush his teeth, thank you very much!
He even gets his sister out of her car seat now without me asking him for help!
Lucas is tender-hearted, inquisitive, competitive, loving, and very, very silly. He loves to make me laugh with knock-knock jokes, crazy dance moves and general foolery. He drives me crazy with his drive to be the best, always wanting to be heard, recognized, and the leader. He wants to know "why" and "how" and "when" about everything.
Lucas loves chocolate, just like his Grandma. He's an "appetite" and often finds himself "hydewated". He knows how to find the Disney channel in the mornings and will fix breakfast for himself and Ava if I'm still in bed feeding Wyatt. He doesn't even come get me first! When Ava calls out in the morning, Lucas gets her up, fixes poptarts and turns on the television all by himself.
He's obsessed with the lizards that lives at our apartment complex. He is convinced that he is going to catch one and keep it! (I know otherwise) and he knows that he can get a pet snake "when he is forty!" He is also obsessed with Scooby Doo! I can thank "Shaggy" for teaching my son to say "ridiculous" 100 times a day! He still plays with trains and match box cars, only they now have complex plot lines and on going stories.
My Lucas Danner is a very special little boy. I have no idea what he is going to grow up to become (a race car driver? an astronaut? a doctor? a zoologist?), but I'm so honored that I get to watch him grow!
He even gets his sister out of her car seat now without me asking him for help!
Lucas is tender-hearted, inquisitive, competitive, loving, and very, very silly. He loves to make me laugh with knock-knock jokes, crazy dance moves and general foolery. He drives me crazy with his drive to be the best, always wanting to be heard, recognized, and the leader. He wants to know "why" and "how" and "when" about everything.
Lucas loves chocolate, just like his Grandma. He's an "appetite" and often finds himself "hydewated". He knows how to find the Disney channel in the mornings and will fix breakfast for himself and Ava if I'm still in bed feeding Wyatt. He doesn't even come get me first! When Ava calls out in the morning, Lucas gets her up, fixes poptarts and turns on the television all by himself.
He's obsessed with the lizards that lives at our apartment complex. He is convinced that he is going to catch one and keep it! (I know otherwise) and he knows that he can get a pet snake "when he is forty!" He is also obsessed with Scooby Doo! I can thank "Shaggy" for teaching my son to say "ridiculous" 100 times a day! He still plays with trains and match box cars, only they now have complex plot lines and on going stories.
My Lucas Danner is a very special little boy. I have no idea what he is going to grow up to become (a race car driver? an astronaut? a doctor? a zoologist?), but I'm so honored that I get to watch him grow!
Comments