Skip to main content

Hello Again

Life has a way of never turning out like I expect it to. I have great expectations, plans of things coming together just-so, but in the end, life is complicated and hard, beautiful and simple. Take this blog for example, long ago I had visions of creating a blog that hundreds of women would read every day. A blog that would reach stay at home moms like myself who need a little encouragement and joy every day. Lofty aspirations that have been knocked down by the reality of life. Finding time to "blog" during the craziness of my daily routine is near impossible - same as finding time to take a shower, brush my hair and put on makeup daily.

Today I'm working on being more flexible. An attitude my dear husband is naturally gifted with, but one that is a constant struggle for me. I had hoped to take the kids to the library for story time today, thinking it would be good for all of us to get out of our pjs and go somewhere. Good intentions, right? But instead, I'm making a third attempt at eating a real breakfast (instead of stuffing my face in between changing diapers and putting out sibling conflict). My coffee has been reheated two times already and will go in the microwave a third time before I actually finish it. I'm still in my pajamas with plans for a shower pushed back until the kids are napping this afternoon. And I've picked up the same bowl of cheerios off the floor twice already. Yes, this life is not my own.

BUT

That's okay. At least in this moment of chaos and beauty, there is peace. In my world, a bump on the head can be soothed with a kiss from Mommy. A box of play dough has captivated my two oldest (giving me the chance to jump on the computer and talk to you!), and my precious Wyatt has given me more than enough smiles and coos this morning to fill my love tank. God has taught me more during this season of change and stress about His faithfulness and steadfast love for me than ever before.

Did you know that we are in the process of moving? We leave in three weeks to start life in a whole new town with new friends and a new adventure. I would be lying if I said I haven't questioned God about the timing of a move with a newborn! We will be moving to a rental property until our house sells, so if you will, please pray that our house will sell quickly. Like this week!

Wyatt is having "tummy time" right now and he is not happy about it. Ava is in time out for yelling at her Bubba after she took his play dough. My coffee has gone cold again and Ava ate all of my breakfast.

One day I will be able to fit back into my prepregnancy clothes. One day, Matt and I will go on a date without the kids. One day, I will get 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep! And I will start putting on makeup every day!

For now I find joy in hearing Ava apologize to Lucas for being mean and hearing him say, "It's okay. I forgive you." My daily life is my ministry. I fail at it all the time, but as God reminded me recently, He loves my children much more than I ever could and He is faithfully working behind the scenes. His grace is sufficient and He is more than enough.

Comments

Amanda said…
Wow, you are truely amazing!! I have had a crazy Mommy day and read your blog that encouraged the socks off of me!! Thank you for taking the time to share in the midst of your craziness!! It did touch a life today!!
I will be praying for you and your family during this transition!!
Amanda Knight Sturkie

Popular posts from this blog

Baby steps

Guess what? I'm taking steps today to get just a little closer to my dream. We're off to the gym in a little bit to keep working towards losing those 38 pounds. I'm also working on a plan to sell specialty homemade cheesecakes during the holidays. Doing something I love and making some extra money for the people I love. Pretty great stuff!

Special K

I have developed a rather fond relationship with Kellogg's Special K Vanilla Almond. Low in fat (only 1.5 g) and made with whole grains, I eat this tasty treat as a meal and a snack. I'm eating some right now. Special thanks to Kat for introducing me to this delightful cereal. Our local Ingles has been running it on sale this past week, 2 for $4, so I stocked up. The milk is even on sale too, 2 for $5, making this treat yummy and affordable. Sweet, crispy flakes and crunchy almonds. What more could a girl ask for. By the way, you should go to Ingles. Everything is on sale. I picked up some lean ground beef today for $1.38 per pound. Now that's good for the budget. Low prices + good food = happy housewife

Let's go shopping at Aldi's!

If you're shopping at Aldi's this week, I recommend that you stock up on Eggs and Milk! Seriously, a dozen eggs for $1.09 and Milk for $2.19! The price of beef may have gone up, but I'm loving the other staples we get from a cow! I bought 4 dozen eggs this week. Overkill for sure, but when our family eats eggs, we usually eat 7 in one setting! Eggs and toast are a staple breakfast in our house - we eat that at least 4 times a week! It's fast and filling and cheap! If you're looking for something more exciting to do with your eggs, try making a breakfast casserole! I love this casserole from Ree, the Pioneer Woman. Everything she makes is delightful, but this recipe is especially great! As with most recipes, I tweaked it a bit to fit our tastes. For all of his perfect aspects, my handsome husband does not eat mushrooms. This could have been a deal breaker for me 13 years ago, but then I saw his drummer toned legs and I decided to look past his misjudgment! No ...