Skip to main content

Once again

Well it's time. Time to start blogging again. I've been thinking about this moment for over a month now. I met with a dear friend, and with her help and guidance, started dreaming about the "vision" for my blog, along with new templet ideas and traffic generation. But none of it has taken off, obviously. Instead, I'm here today, writing once again, because of the regret I already feel for not documenting this special, challenging time in our lives. As much as I would love for this blog to be a place of encouragement and community and widespread readership, it's original purpose was to be a simple online journal of the amazing journey of motherhood that I'm on. So that's my focus now, the purpose behind this blog.

Where do I even begin? I'm entering into the 8th month of my third (and final) pregnancy. I'm exhausted, joyful, emotional, irritable, and nostalgic. Our house is in chaos as we are trying to organize and prepare for our baby boy's upcoming arrival. Lucas and Ava are now sharing a room and while it's been a difficult adjustment (i.e. lack of sleep for us all), I'm believing some very good things are coming from this new arrangement.

Yes, our son does have a name and no it's not a secret. But for some reason, I can't bring myself to announce it "online" until his birth. But if you see me in person, I'd be happy to tell you!

I already love our little boy so much. I often find myself daydreaming about life once he arrives. The simple, daily tasks of feeding and changing him. Giving baths in the kitchen sink with two eager helpers at my side and the all consuming exhaustion from no sleep, are just a few of the joys and worries that distract me. One minute I'm marveling at how our family is going to be forever blessed by this little boy and the next I'm stressing over the amazing task of raising three little ones at home.

I pray daily that our children will be best friends. I want them to know with every breath that the people who love them the most are right here in this house. I'm humbled and scared at the responsibility of raising these three children. More than anything, I want them to know the all-consuming love of Jesus. I want them to know that He is more than enough and that without Him life is meaningless. I also know that Matt and I share the enormous task of being a walking, breathing Jesus to our children. His love for them and plans for them will be best demonstrated in the ways we love and care for our children.

Please pray for us as we daily seek the Lord's guidance in parenthood.

I plan on writing whenever I can steal a moment away. Thank you for sharing this journey with me. Please let me know how I can be praying for you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby steps

Guess what? I'm taking steps today to get just a little closer to my dream. We're off to the gym in a little bit to keep working towards losing those 38 pounds. I'm also working on a plan to sell specialty homemade cheesecakes during the holidays. Doing something I love and making some extra money for the people I love. Pretty great stuff!

Special K

I have developed a rather fond relationship with Kellogg's Special K Vanilla Almond. Low in fat (only 1.5 g) and made with whole grains, I eat this tasty treat as a meal and a snack. I'm eating some right now. Special thanks to Kat for introducing me to this delightful cereal. Our local Ingles has been running it on sale this past week, 2 for $4, so I stocked up. The milk is even on sale too, 2 for $5, making this treat yummy and affordable. Sweet, crispy flakes and crunchy almonds. What more could a girl ask for. By the way, you should go to Ingles. Everything is on sale. I picked up some lean ground beef today for $1.38 per pound. Now that's good for the budget. Low prices + good food = happy housewife

Let's go shopping at Aldi's!

If you're shopping at Aldi's this week, I recommend that you stock up on Eggs and Milk! Seriously, a dozen eggs for $1.09 and Milk for $2.19! The price of beef may have gone up, but I'm loving the other staples we get from a cow! I bought 4 dozen eggs this week. Overkill for sure, but when our family eats eggs, we usually eat 7 in one setting! Eggs and toast are a staple breakfast in our house - we eat that at least 4 times a week! It's fast and filling and cheap! If you're looking for something more exciting to do with your eggs, try making a breakfast casserole! I love this casserole from Ree, the Pioneer Woman. Everything she makes is delightful, but this recipe is especially great! As with most recipes, I tweaked it a bit to fit our tastes. For all of his perfect aspects, my handsome husband does not eat mushrooms. This could have been a deal breaker for me 13 years ago, but then I saw his drummer toned legs and I decided to look past his misjudgment! No ...