It is the night before Lucas's second birthday, and I admit, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic. Actually it's more like hyper, but that's just the large amout of Skittles I consumed about an hour ago. Take a look at this picture! Can you believe how much he has grown! My sweet baby boy, swaddled in my favorite blanket, home for the first time. I think one of the greatest things that Matt and I have learned over the past two years is to cherish Lucas everday. Sure the actual birth day is important and should be celebrated (I didn't go through 12 hours of labor for nothing), but we think it's more important to view every day with Lucas as a gift. Naturally, there are days when I want to strangle him or hire a live in nanny, but I still make sure to hold him tight and kiss his sweet head every chance I get. I just can't help myself. I can't get enough of my Lucas.
This was my first time decorating a birthday cake. (It's a train if you can't tell!) I tested my newbie skills out on Matt and Lucas before the actual first birthday party. I don't think it looked like anything special, but Lucas sure enjoyed tearing into it. And that's all that matters, truly. Filling our boy with lots and lots of sugar is top priority in this household. (Just kidding) Don't you just love the ways Lucas's eyes light up when he smiles? He has a gift, a joy, that makes everyone around him smile. Even people I'm not particularly interested in meeting in the grocery store, melt under those chocolate eyes and joyful smile. Thank you Jesus, for our sweet little boy. We are truly honored that You have trusted us with his care. I pray that he will grow up with a spirit sensitive to You (I can already see it!) and a love for people that goes beyond the boundaries of man made religion. Thank you, Thank you for our Lucas.

Comments