We have officially been a paci-free household for 11 straight days! (Hooray!) I'll admit, it hasn't been the easiest 11 days, but we are excited to have taken the big plunge. It was six months ago (I think - my memories can be a little hazy) when we determined that the paci was going to be used for sleeping only. I remember going to L's 18 month check up fearful that our Doc would yell at us to letting Lucas still use his paci. (Dr. T tends to get loudly intense about certain topics.) Thankfully we were spared a lecture that day, but I left there determined to have the paci gone by age 2.
B-day is fast approaching (Sunday to be exact - gifts welcome :) so last week, Matt cut a hole in the tip of the paci. We timidly handed the "bai" when requested and watched as Lucas carefully examined his paci then threw it behind the crib. After two days of moving the crib at the start of every naptime and bedtime, Matt and I finally said, "No more!" And we've been celebrating ever since. Well, not exactly. Naps have been skipped, bedtimes delayed, but overall the transition from paci to no paci has been okay.
In more news, I've become rahter proficient in making fried shrimp. Not the kind out of the box, but the "buy raw shrimp from Ingles, throw together a collection of dried ingrediants that look good, mix an egg with milk, dip, then double dip, and fry in canola oil" shrimp. Oh baby! It's good too. Ask my sweet hubby who is currently filling up his tummy on some shrimp right now! :) If you need shrimp to be fried (or anything else for the matter) I'm your girl!
B-day is fast approaching (Sunday to be exact - gifts welcome :) so last week, Matt cut a hole in the tip of the paci. We timidly handed the "bai" when requested and watched as Lucas carefully examined his paci then threw it behind the crib. After two days of moving the crib at the start of every naptime and bedtime, Matt and I finally said, "No more!" And we've been celebrating ever since. Well, not exactly. Naps have been skipped, bedtimes delayed, but overall the transition from paci to no paci has been okay.
In more news, I've become rahter proficient in making fried shrimp. Not the kind out of the box, but the "buy raw shrimp from Ingles, throw together a collection of dried ingrediants that look good, mix an egg with milk, dip, then double dip, and fry in canola oil" shrimp. Oh baby! It's good too. Ask my sweet hubby who is currently filling up his tummy on some shrimp right now! :) If you need shrimp to be fried (or anything else for the matter) I'm your girl!
Comments
Love y'all!
Walker and Melanie
but I feel a girl's night with fried shrimp coming soon!
Mmmmmmm............
Suz